Cheap Futures Broker??

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by myboyDWade, May 23, 2007.

1. Looking to switch Futures brokers to one I dont have to pay for data and 1 that has cheap commisions.

Any sugesstions??

2. how much are you paying now?

3. increase I have looked at Global and they are 1 of the many I'm considering, what turns me off is this negotiating commision stuff. Give me a price Geez why request a quote? BS

4. open ecry if you can read a chart and don't need any bells and whistles, all in no data, check them out.

5. If that's an issue for you, Id say OpenECry
    And they have a published commission schedule here. Also negotiable :)

Osorico

6. Everthing is negotiable. The barriers to entry to trading are 1/10th of what they were 15 years ago. Just hope the cbot and cme merger don't fu%^ that up with fees. That is a large part of your comish....

7. Hi sparky;

Yup. EVERYTHING is negotiable, depending on the broker/clearing firm. Commissions, intraday margin, even the clock-time that intraday margin is used. Everything but exchange fees and exchange margins. Unfortunately there is a move to raise exchange and data fees. :(

Like you, I remember having to pay mortgage payments to have RT data. And long distance bills in the $100s from talking with a broker and placing trades. Only fools used the 800 numbers.

Osorico

8. Opra

Opra

Osorico,

Their published rates are pretty good, for retail traders. It used to be above $5 for e-mini's if I remembered correctly. Plus it's negotiable?

Do you trade w/ e-cry? How do you like their platform?

TIA

Opra

9. I think I'm going to give open ecry a shot, they are cheaper than what I'm paying now.

#10     May 23, 2007