Cheap/Fast Recipes for Single Guys that can't cook

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by neophyte321, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Hmm, you did say cheap-
    this site is GREAT for that.

http://www.westernpotatoes.com.au/go/consumer/recipes/quick-and-easy-recipes

Most of my stuff is slow cooked, but you want fast/easy look into salads.
    Chinese or butter lettuce, some basil, stuffed olives, maybe some dill , perhaps some avacado bits, slices of tomato (or sun dried, but you said cheap) onion rings, sliced mushrooms, a few squares of fetta cheese, (or gouda/plain etc).

Chop it up, whack it in a bowl,
    stir through shaved ham or diced (uh, fried) chicken breast or one of those .99c tins of mussels/oysters, balsamic or apple vinegar dressing and mayo if you want.

Cant get faster than that, especially with the tinned fish, no cooking at all.

Delicious.

#21     Nov 8, 2006
  2. I always thought the "Semi-Home Made" gal, Sandra Lee, was kinda hot:

[​IMG]

Then there is just "The Semi".... :D

[​IMG]

#22     Nov 8, 2006
  3. Come on guys, you watch these shows for that?
    You really think, it isnt all about the recipes, that they have hot babes and amazing cleavage on these shows as a marketing ploy?

[​IMG]

#23     Nov 8, 2006
  4. During the "leaner" years, can of tuna + can of cream corn + can kidney beans, plenty of pepper w/ toasted baguette went a long way :)

Soy sauce, olive oil, sugar, mashed garlic -- marinate any meat in this (esp chicken wings) for a while and put it in the toaster broiler.

Make big pots of stuff you can refrigerate/freeze. Homemade fried rice is alot better than restaurant's: Buy white rice from local chinese takeout, get a frozen bag of mixed veggies (corn, carrot, green beans etc). Heat some scallions in oil, scramble some eggs, throw in some diced leftover meat or oscar meyer/deli meat, add the veggies, salt, sugar, then finally rice.

A good chili recipe goes a long way too. I'd give you mine but I'd have to shoot you afterwards :)

#24     Nov 8, 2006
  5. Nattdog

Nattdog

Here is a very good resupe for chicken fingers that i made up, that works very well.

1. slice up a chicken breast or two into strips.
    2. buy a can of unseasoned breadcrumbs, spread some of them on a plate or cutting board. mix with a bit of flower and CHIPOTLE powder, and salt.
    3. roll the chicken around in the breadcrumb mixture.
    4. heat up a frying pan, with about 1 inch of butter, till when u drop some water in it, it sizzles.
    5. drop the chicken in, cook till golden brown.

Hey, its simple. its fast. and, its f*cking good, I think better than any chicken fingers I have had at a pub, restaurant, etc.

#25     Nov 9, 2006
  6. That does sound pretty good.

Whip us up some dipping sauce! :cool:

#26     Nov 9, 2006
  7. r-in

r-in

Not single, but since I have the home office I end up doing a lot of cooking. I found the crock pot to be the greatest thing on earth. Toss in vegetables, seasonings, meat and turn it on and walk away till dinner time. I've done just about every kind of meal in the thing, and it tastes great, even if I do say so myself. Actually kids usually eat it too. I've done ribs in it that have come out fantastic. Once with my own sauce and other times with store bought.

#27     Nov 9, 2006
  8. r-in

r-in

Oh yea, wife got me watching that dang Food Network, and I love them, i mean it. :D Watching Giada one Saturday morning and I honestly saw one of her boobs just miss dropping all the way out. Someone has got to be telling her to wear clothes that show that awesome cleavage. I'm trying to figure if I can get the wife and Giada together and....oh sorry fantasy kicking in again.

#28     Nov 9, 2006
  9. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

Southwest Caesar Salad. Really yummy.

+-*/ Math_Wiz

#29     Nov 10, 2006
  10. Math_Wiz

Math_Wiz

And here is the recipe (couldn't figure out how to attach two pictures to the same post, sorry).

+-*/ Math_Wiz

#30     Nov 10, 2006