Cheap commsions with IB and..

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jennajameson87, Oct 20, 2002.

1. def

def Sponsor

you're correct but in an illiquid market you should avoid a stop (market order) like the plague.

#21     Oct 21, 2002
  2. ddefina

ddefina

Impossible. But I read more posts so maybe. IB's stops on ES were not perfect up until a few months ago, resulting in 1-2 ticks average slippage, but now work great. And the stop limits are native. I still prefer the Stop markets (synthetic), because you don't miss fills and incur no slippage (99%). But they carry a little more risk.

#22     Oct 21, 2002
  3. DUMB-STAMPED™

Foolio:

Please note that you can only be the recipient of the STUPID AWARD once. However, after due consideration, it was determined that your abusive use of the English language rose to a level that deserved some type of acknowledgment. Therefore we have DUMB-STAMPED™ your post.

OldTrader

#23     Oct 21, 2002
  4. mdmbud

mdmbud

This board can be brutal at time .........:eek:

#24     Oct 21, 2002
  5. mdmbud

mdmbud

time = times

I will give myself the:

DUMB-STAMPED™

To save you time :D

#25     Oct 21, 2002
  6. tymjr

tymjr

OldTrader: "I give this post the STUPID AWARD of the evening."

Fly off the handle much there OldTrader? This type of shallow exaggeratory response is largely to blame for destroying any sort of unrestricted exchange of ideas here. It's the type of thing that ruins this website. I fail to understand the thinking behind this sort of comment, other than to assume that there is none.

"First, you don't bother to state what these so-called "bad" experiences were with globex."

The types of experiences he was referring to appear to be cystal clear to me.

#26     Oct 21, 2002
  7. nusrat

nusrat

profitseer,
    is there any particular reason that you turn to this board for assistance in using IB?
    That's not sarcasm: I'm sincerely interested in knowing if it's just spur-of-the-moment, or do you generally prefer to ask in places other than IB's official email/chat help?

#27     Oct 21, 2002
  8. Yep, I agree, I do think my post was "shallow".

And I'm certain that "foolio" and all the other members of this site will be glad to know that you are defending his honor, and their right to unrestricted exchange of ideas.

Frankly, if your goal is to defend the site against this shallowness, I'm surprised I don't see more of your posts. I certainly don't see a lack of shallow posts for you to attend to. You better get busy.

Either way, none of this excuses my particular shallow post. And frankly, I didn't read the post thoroughly enough before I responded. My mistake there. I did think it was just a little strange that a guy who had a problem, had solved it, then returned to the place he had a problem. As you said above, I didn't understand that type of thinking, and therefore made a few assumptions.....just as you did.

In any case, over the past month or two, I've made 90+ posts, most of which took considerable time and thought. One would hope that the members of this site are able to look at the entire picture, as opposed one aspect of the picture. If not, then all of that time I've spent with that, and answering PM's was misspent.

But back to the made point...yes, it was shallow....and thank God you were here to catch it.

OldTrader

#28     Oct 21, 2002
  9. spencer

spencer

Jesus what a jerk, but at least he's sincere.

#29     Oct 21, 2002
  10. 16 times in the last year you've come out of the shadows to make a post like this....a real tribute to this site. This must be what tymjr refers to as "unrestricted exchange of ideas".

OldTrader

#30     Oct 22, 2002