Cheap commsions with IB and..

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by jennajameson87, Oct 20, 2002.

1. bad fills? Why do so many people on the board like that place? I can't figure it out. Why would a pro trader want a company to trade against there order? It's called cherry picking! Or do some on the board just have no clue? I know they have cheap commisssion but in the end you end up paying by crummy fills. Does anybody have anything good/bad to say about them other than the commissions being low?

2. dottom

dottom

My fills have been fine and I've used other brokers too. I have no problems with an electronic broker matching my buy orders with another customer's sell orders, thereby reducing overall costs, hence lower commissions.

I've never had problems with fills on stop orders and the occasional market order.

3. I think your statement is completely false as it applies to globex futures trading. Next time you make a statement you should specify what you're talking about, otherwise some people may regard your statement as ill-informed.

I think IB does a good job. They have had some technical difficulties in the time I've traded through them....these were resolved relatively quickly.

I think they could do a better job in terms of customer communication.

OldTrader

4. def

def Sponsor

what the hell are you talking about? You have no clue. There is a difference between withholding an order and giving an instant fill and I mean INSTANT within the NBBO at a price equal or better than the price submitted. For those that don't want to participate in the TMBR route, they choose to route directly to the NYSE or a specific ECN.

The real professionals, I mean investment banks, hedge funds, even competing broker/dealers, give rave reviews about the route. The fills are excellent. An independent audit reviewed the routing and if you took the time to read the routing reports and IB's comments on order flow on IB's web site, you would see that your comment is false and mis-leading.

5. as far as my experience is concerned ive had far too many incidents with poor fills or trade throughs on limits and stops over IB's globex routing. i use to use em a year or so ago and experieced many problems. i switched brokers and have not had the same experiences since. recently i opened one of the new universal accounts and traded a few times with it. i am once again having the same problems ive had in the past. i have no idea what the problem is but it sure is annoying.

6. I give this post the STUPID AWARD of the evening.

First, you don't bother to state what these so-called "bad" experiences were with globex. But then you switch, evidently have no problem, then do it all over again???? Like I said, you win the AWARD.

I guess I'll ponder how trading globex could be different from one broker to the next. And certainly in terms of speed I get filled within seconds with IB.

If you want me to give your claim any credence at all "foolio" you're going to have to make specific, verifiable claims. Say, you're not the competition are you?

OldTrader

7. NKNY

NKNY

He may be referring to stops not being held as native stops.....I believe that now they are in fact native on globex...

Nick

8. >>I give this post the STUPID AWARD of the evening.

wow that hurts comin from such an obviously insightful individual such as yourself

>>First, you don't bother to state what these so-called "bad" experiences were with globex.

ahhhhnnn sorry hans wrong answer, try again. ill re-quote it for you. try reading it this time. particularly the part about my "bad" experiences with POOR FILLS and TRADE THROUGHS ON LIMITS AND STOPS.

>>But then you switch, evidently have no problem, then do it all over again????

its called testing the waters just in case things had improved since IB has changed some things... but i guess it was far to important for you to try and inflate your ego by insulting someone before taking a moment and considering some alternatives.

>>I guess I'll ponder how trading globex could be different from one broker to the next.

yea think about it long and hard. based on your amazingly insightful rebuke im sure it'll lead to some astounding conclusions

>>If you want me to give your claim any credence at all "foolio" you're going to have to make specific, verifiable claims.

well "oldie" NO i dont. its an opinion based on empirical evidence. if you dont believe me or like what i have to say you can just put me on ignore. as far as providing specific claims i once again refer you to my original post or are you looking for an audit trail too.

>>Say, you're not the competition are you?

LOL. yea ive been waiting for the last year and half to strike late on a sunday night while im far away form the office. sharp as a tack you are.

9. McCloud

McCloud

I have been a lurker for a long time and just registered to post my comment in defense of IB! I just felt like I owe them at least this much after all!
    I have been using IB since 1999 on a daily basis; my trading volume is relatively high. After tens of thousands of trades the instantaneous executions and fills still amaze me! In my opinion IB probably has the best trading software with the fastest fills that I know of.

10. For Globex you can use native STP LMT orders now. No need for simulated stops any more.

I guess that you had problems with IB´s simulated Globex stop orders. And yes, it is true for simulated Globex stop orders: If the connection between IB´s server and Globex goes down then your (simulated) stop might not get triggered at all. This happened several times during last 12 months (AFAIK).

#10     Oct 21, 2002