Cheap Broker

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by pacifictrader, May 23, 2006.

1. I want a second broker to execute small trades.
    I dont need any frills, but would like one with a per share pricing structure, and few (if any) exchange fees, software fees, etc.

Any Ideas?

2. Interactive Brokers.

3. I thought they charged a fee if you didnt trade enough volume? Also, don't they charge for all the quote feeds?

4. ids

ids

If you do not pay $30 a month in commissions, we will charge you $10. Find somebody else if it is unacceptable. The market data subscriptions are totally optional. You can trade without a subscription and basic US data are free.

5. IDS will your platform work with windows 98.

6. ids

ids

It will. I would recommend to use 2000 or XT though. This 98 is a pain on its own.

7. hoodooman,

I think you are making a big mistake trying to trade with win98, no matter which broker you select.

8. Can you elaborate on what you mean by basic US data for free? I am a professional, and from the website, it looked like just getting level 1 for NYSE, AMEX and NASDAQ would be over $200 a month.

9. ids

ids

OK, it is not free if you are pro. Do not subscribe then. You still can execute orders.

10. ozzy

ozzy

ýds any chance you wýll be comýng to other european\asýan countrýes .... for example Turkey ..... whých ýs where I am now.

ozzy

#10     May 24, 2006