Chavez: U.S. planning to invade Venezuela

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Optionpro007, Sep 17, 2005.

1. Who's to decide whether the goal is noble? You?

What if tomorrow you change your mind and start thinking that liberating Venezuelans from Communism is a noble cause? What if Bush thinks that's a noble cause?

#11     Sep 17, 2005
  2. I knew you were going to reply in this manner to the point that I was going to add the following to my message:

Hey optionpro, who the fuck are you to decide what consititutes a noble goal ?

and my reply was going to be....

dddooo, who the fuck are you to decide which one isn't ??

lol.

#12     Sep 17, 2005
  3. Then again, Chavez hasn't invaded any of his neighbors yet, or ordered the killings of all his opposition, or gassed his own people blablabla

#13     Sep 17, 2005
  4. Let me guess, the attack force will be led by Gen. Sylvester Stallone and his second-in-command Apollo Creed.

#14     Sep 17, 2005
  5. mhashe

mhashe

So stop buy those fucking Hummers and start carpooling. You're actually justifying and invasion based on the premise of "He has oil, which he can use against us". You're going to go send young kids to die so you can fill up your goddamn hummers with cheaper gas? How fucking outrageous.

This type of shit really pisses me off.

#15     Sep 17, 2005
  6. That's right, that's why I am not deciding, that's exactly why there are certain rules that specify what is and what is not a right thing to do. The rules that you say should be broken when you optionpro007 personally believe that the cause is noble. And screw the rest of the world if they disagree.

#16     Sep 17, 2005
  7. mhashe

I have read your posts in other threads and had concluded that your contributions and points of view are valid and well thought out.

I am disillusioned to see you having to resort to implying that I think an invasion of Venezuela as a good idea or a just cause.

It would be very stupid to invade Venezuela. Where do you get this impression, I don't know.

#17     Sep 17, 2005
  8. Call me crazy but, if my enemy wants me dead and they don't follow any rules, why do I have to follow any rules ?

That's borderline stupid and would show a clear lack of common sense in my opinion.

As for the rest of the world's opinion, I think this country represents the world in an approximate matter, with half of the people approving and the other half disapproving. So PLEASE don't generalize your opinion.

#18     Sep 17, 2005
  9. mhashe

mhashe

I apologize for misconstruing your post. I was under the assumption from the wording on the post that you condoned an invasion. As much as I dislike the imbecile Chavez who I think is taking Venezuela down the shitter under the pretext of trying to help his poor, his rhethoric in no way justifies an invasion. It's about high time people realized that we are held hostage to tin-pot imbeciles like Chavez because of our love affair with oil. Now I ask you this, would Chavez really be a thorn if we did'nt need his oil? I hope people realize, regardless of what ideology you're afflicted with, we need to start electing good leaders who will do whats right for America instead of whats right for his political campaign donors.

#19     Sep 17, 2005
  10. You're not claiming self-defense regarding the war in Iraq are you, you're not saying that Iraq was an imminent threat? Cause if you are than you're right, you're crazy. Do you understand Saddam actually did get rid of WMD and let inspectors in, he did play by the rules more or less, we did not when we invaded Iraq.

Don't fool yourself, all public opinion polls have been absolutely consistent - the world is overwhelmingly against our invasion of Iraq. That would indeed not matter if Iraq was a credible threat, but it never was.

#20     Sep 17, 2005