Chavez: statesman or south american POS?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Nick Leeson Jr, Sep 20, 2006.

1. maxpi

maxpi

Integrity!! The guy is a Marxist thief. He has nationalized the most beautiful farms in his entire country. I am sure he and his cronies are living in absolute splendor in some of the most beautiful spots on earth and claiming it is for the good of the people, who are in abject poverty and will be during the commies whole tenure.

#41     Sep 21, 2006
  2. Right. If he was just ruining his own country, it wouldn't be so bad, but he is giving sanctuary to marxist rebels in colombia and trying to export marxist terror to other countries. It was a huge mistake to let him back into office after the coup. Isn't that why we have a CIA?

#42     Sep 21, 2006
  3. Pabst

Pabst

Well, I am Jesuit trained......:) so I have a soft spot for populist revolutionaries, just not in America.

But no Cesko, I'm a free market guy who realizes that the rules in SA are a bit different. The notion of land ownership benefiting the few while the masses starve is anti-justice. Not to mention in a Roman Catholic nation, anti-Christ. Particularly when many of the "capitalists" are merely the descendants of robber-barons who murdered and bribed their way to riches. At what point does one say enough is enough? Or does the elected leader of an impoverished nation continue to do what's been expected, i.e. accept the bags of money from Internationalists and sell out his own citizens?

The old paradigm must shift in SA and Africa much the same way it increasingly is in Asia. The world can't be constructed upon the principle "finders keepers, losers weepers."

We've already seen the danger this thinking provided in Africa. With colonies dead after depleting these nations, we now have a continent killing each other millions of times over in the name of Allah.

#43     Sep 21, 2006
  4. if the media wants hillary, they will get hillary... it matters not what "the people" think or want.

#44     Sep 21, 2006
  5. i am an independent conservative patriot. i despised bill clinton and i am sure i will surpass that "affection" for hillary if they force her on us. call me what you like... moonbat is not correct though. i have never been a liberal as far as the modern connotation denotes. my views most closely mirror Ron Paul's of texas and i find him to be the most tolerable congressmen currently serving.

as stated in previous post, i made the huge mistake of casting my vote for bush in the 2000 election, something i am deeply ashamed of. i have no doubt the govt's explanation for 9/11 is a pack of lies. i am amazed that semi-intelligent people can not see this, i believe their egos won't allow it.

#45     Sep 21, 2006
  6. If your views are not leftist, then you're right, "moonbat" is not the appropriate term.

Being honest, though, given your stance on 9/11, you're still a loonie in my book, as I am undoubtedly in yours.

But thanks for the clarification of your political leanings.

#46     Sep 21, 2006
  7. actually we refer to your type as poodles.

#47     Sep 21, 2006
  8. Pabst

Pabst

"We"? OMG, there's more of you guy's running around?

Actually Ron Paul is the coolest guy in the House......

#48     Sep 21, 2006
  9. You have illustrated you know very little about my type. Please expound on exactly who or what my type is, since I extended the same courtesy to you.

#49     Sep 21, 2006

10. Yes, but think of the real estate opportunities after they are done with each other!

On that note, the recent Peruvian elections were interesting - the pro-american pro-business candidate lost (who was a woman) and the decision was between a politician who nearly bankrupted the country (Alan Garcia) vs. a Chavez-style populist (Humala). The populist lost, and the candidate who messed up bad first time around (Garcia) came into power as a compromise choice. It seems that he is determined not to make the mistakes of the first time around, and has loaded up on some very heavy pro-business pro-free trade advisors, which is a bit of a surprise. However, the legacy of his predecessor is an expected 6% YOY growth (fueled by commodities,true, but still good) in GDP. Not sure how to play that market best, but it is worth a slight peripheral glance.

SA would of course differ, but I haven't heard him chime in yet (although I think he would agree with Chavez that Bush is satan incarnate.)

#50     Sep 21, 2006