Chatroom Recommendation

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by fkh, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Thanks Andre...

#31     Mar 8, 2003
  2. You said it fkh, these clowns don't know a winner when they see one. The site is awesome for those who aren't afraid to take some else's call and run with it. Pride ruins many people--especially traders. They've got to "be in control" and call their own trades so they can tell their wives and friends how great they are. It's so obvious why a MAJORITY of the traders on this site are LOSERS--unprofitable. including the moderators.

#32     Mar 8, 2003
  3. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I don't think that anyone who relies on a chatroom forever and just uses it for their trades can ever really call themselves a trader, and they certainly will never be as successful as they could be. This goes for any room, my own included. Since I run one I obviously believe that chatrooms have a place in a traders development. I think that the path to success is never easy, but with out guidance its much harder then it needs to be. A good chatroom can certainly help with this. But at some point traders need to go out on their own. How well adjusted do you think a 30 year old is who still lives with mom and dad? The same is true with a chatroom. You can grow and mature nicely with in the enviornment, but after a certain point you have to go out into the great big world by yourself.

Brandon

#33     Mar 9, 2003
  4. Yeah, but are your traders pulling down $100K a year with a $50K account? M-T gives me that edge and I'm not afraid to have seasoned professionals lead my way. One day I'm sure my development will have come to the point where I don't need them any more. But for now, I'm content.

#34     Mar 9, 2003
  5. m-t is helping you in "scalping dimes" huh?

rofl.

#35     Mar 9, 2003
    #36     Mar 9, 2003
  7. fkh

fkh

I agree with you 100%. I did not mean to imply that chatrooms should be the basis for a trading career. I merely posted the information because I was impressed with their performance. I am an Easy Language programer in TradeStation and have built my own system. But I continue to do extensive and thorough research on EVERYTHING out there. We all know there isn't a Holy Grail for anything - not just trading. But I continue to add things to my trading toolbox which I feel are beneficial to my overall trading. The futures traders at the MT chatroom are strictly discretionary traders in my opinion. Other than the chart setup, they don't have a programmed "signal". I don't trade stocks so I cannot comment on their stock performance.
    Someone made the comment that "they don't give exits" or something to that effect. If you need a babysitter to march you through a trade then you should not be trading at all. The idea with MT is to call good entry points, suggest when to take profits and define the stop. I saw those entry points when I studied the transcripts and they panned out in real time when I signed up.
    I never post here, but I was thoroughly amazed at the vitriol and animosity that this post attracted. It really does say something about the frequent posters here.

#37     Mar 9, 2003
  8. fkh

fkh

And if someone DID post information about a true Holy Grail, these guys would miss the boat completely because they would accuse the poster of "spamming" and go into attack mode immediately.

#38     Mar 9, 2003
  9. Ditch

Ditch

This guy,sharkmit or whatever, that makes the calls on ES/NQ couldn't even trade an ounce of gold for a bag of shit.:D :D :D

#39     Mar 9, 2003

10. "blah blah blah" ...

they "babysit" you thru the enties so why can't they babysit the exits too?:D

#40     Mar 9, 2003