Chatroom Recommendation

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by fkh, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Andre

Andre

#21     Mar 7, 2003
  2. They called the entry so why can't they call the exit??:D

#22     Mar 7, 2003
  3. Perhaps because they're a bunch of spamming clown losers, who couldn't trade their way out of a paper bag?

:D

#23     Mar 7, 2003
  4. Because they harder to call. It is by exiting that you really realize your PL and not by entering.

I keep saying that 'every fool can enter a trade, but it takes a wise man to exit it' which some, for strange reasons, take personally, but I am being proved right time and again. These guys are a classic piece of evidence to support my point.

#24     Mar 8, 2003
  5. Andre, I'm always wondering...

What do you do in ET Chat? You don't seem to be moderating at all other than chatting amongst the ET Chatters during slow markets...

Or are you there to babysit 777 and keep Wild and ROCK SOLID (same person?) out of the chat...

#25     Mar 8, 2003
  6. toad57

toad57

OK, I'll fess up... I've been using M-T for a while. Some exits they call, some they don't.

Prior to using M-T my trading was lousy so I gave them a try... they do a decent job IMHO, but since I'm not a 'pro' I guess I don't know how awful they are.

I am at a pause in my trading career and their service is what I need for now. They seem like some good, helpful folks and I'm glad I joined up with them. I am still moving forward with my trading education, and no doubt someday I will improve my discipline and methods to the point that I will be self-sufficient.

I would suggest that if you do not need them or find their service inadequate then move on.

By the way... for those of you that seem to be able to 'call a bad chat room' - do you have the matching skills to 'call a good one'? Just curious...

Mr. Toad - (not a shill for the M-T service)

#26     Mar 8, 2003
  7. Im always ready for atta0ck mode :D but im just telling the truth.... yes i know brandon...BUT he is a good trader...and there are plenty of good traders out there...that are just as good or better....but the thing that is good about his room is the training! simple as that....that just my .02 cents

#27     Mar 8, 2003
  8. TG

TG

You might want to take a look at Daytrading University, worked for me. Trades the open of the day generally, good instruction, reasonable. Before you ask, I have absolutely no affiliation with it and learned enough to do it myself now.

#28     Mar 8, 2003
  9. Whamo

Whamo

I've trialed MTrader several times in the last year and a half and joined for a couple months about a year ago. Here's my 2 cents:

1) Their posted results are a joke, nobody has just winners.

2) Their calls are too quick, I get the feeling they front-run them with their own executions.

3) When they hold overnight, they issues calls on the same stocks the next morning BEFORE they post that they already have a position in them. Then they usually dump them as soon as the stock pops from their calls. Talk about slimy.

#29     Mar 8, 2003
  10. Andre

Andre

Andre, I'm always wondering... What do you do in ET Chat? You don't seem to be moderating at all other than chatting amongst the ET Chatters during slow markets...

Perhaps moderating isnt' he best word. Certainly during the informal market hours chats. We don't need a moderator for that. Thankfully we don't have trolls. Of course if there was one and I was in the room, I could deal with it. And if I'm not in the room, but you can see that I'm on ET, you can always PM me, and I'll come in as well.

No, the title comes from what I've been doing offline/offsite for as much online... I'm working with our sponsors and guests to do weekly chats instead of monthly. We've have Trade Ideas and Trading from Main Street the past two weeks. Coming up we have Don Bright and Cyber Trader.

Organizing an event, doing some promotions, etc... always takes longer than you'd imagine. That's what I've been doing. I also host those chats, help new members get in, keep it on topic, if necessary, etc. Again, we haven't had to worry about trolls and such, which is great. I've worked for AOL and Lycos, and you have people going around getting their kicks disrupting chats. So it's nice to just be helping and not babysitting.

Does that answer your question?

André

#30     Mar 8, 2003