Chat Rooms

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DollarRich, Mar 5, 2010.

1. CHAT ROOMS ARE DESIGNED TO SELL GARBAGE TO YOU. CHARGE YOU FOR A CHAT ROOM. IF YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE MADE MONEY IN A CHAT ROOM. IT'S LUCK. RUN FROM COURSES, CHATROOMS THIS IS ALL DESIGNED TO SCREW YOU.

#51     Mar 30, 2010
  2. jalee25

jalee25

seems like another thread that's going nowhere....

#52     Mar 31, 2010
  3. yep

my favorite chat room guru sayings:

-you can learn more from losing days than winning days
    -a chart is a chart is a chart
    -bears make money, bulls make money, pigs get slaugthered
    -we do high probability trading
    -we trade the trend (afterwards his stop is 5 points and target 2-4 ticks)
    -daytrading is less risky than holding overnight

#53     Mar 31, 2010
  4. My trading floor is a collaborative environment. Not a guru chat big difference. We at the floor put the time in to improve our craft. We stay up late and get up early discuss and focus on trading well and exceeding each persons individual growth goals. I would appreciate not being compared to this genre.

Interesting, I have not ever heard of these sayings except the 3rd one which I do agree with. I hold overnight all the time, sometimes multiple.

A chart is a chart is a chart (That sounds like a bad song)? 2 ticks is a target? Are you making this up?

#54     Mar 31, 2010
  5. I trade

#55     Mar 31, 2010
  6. the thrid one is a good saying but a guru says those things to fill up the time or to hide that they can't trade but have good "psychology". It's fluff basically.

A chart is a chart is said by gurus that say my technical analysis has no limits and work on all charts. We all know this not to be true, it's an unproven statement without evidence to back it up.

And yes, I've known a guru who did that take 2 ticks and calling himself a trend trader instead of scalper

#56     Mar 31, 2010
  7. Well I don't endorse that at "all".

#57     Mar 31, 2010
  8. Since its lunch, your post reminded me of the old adage about the analyst and the trader. Chime in if you got a copy of the original.

Basically a cocky analyst and a big trader are talking. The cocky analyst shows the big trader a chart and says when price goes here the price will go up, and if it goes here it will go down. The trader looks at the analyst then this trader buys and sells and works the price up to that point, and then tells the analyst the price should go up from here right? The analyst nods. Then the trader sells the market back down hard. Then the trader covers and shorts, covers and shorts till the price is to the place where the analyst said the price will go down.
    Again another glance at the analyst and the trader markets out of his short causing a flurry of others to cover on stops, then proceeds to continue to buy until the cocky analyst was cocky no more.

Moral of the story was don't listen to cocky analysts.

#58     Mar 31, 2010