Chat Rooms - Trading oriented...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by limitdown, Dec 19, 2001.

1. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Hope everyone has a great Xmas. Just realized that I have to catch a trip home here tomorrow and have not been shopping yet, so I'm calling it a day. See you all after the New Year. Be safe and enjoy yourselves.

B

#21     Dec 20, 2001
  2. Threei

Threei

OK, since noone longed for posting standards I suggested, I am going to apply them to myself unilaterally :)

On another note... Don, are numbers you are talking about meant to be performance tracking? If so, then I would have hard time to provide them since we don't track them and don't distinguish "official" calls from ongoing discussion. Focus on education gradually led us to this approach as the most favorable to bringing members to their own style. If you accept, I would have gladly forwarded today's log to you so you would see how it works.

Best regards,

Vadym

#22     Dec 20, 2001
  3. My preferred method is to have the calls sent prior to the opening. I will then post them, enter the trades (just small, under 1000 shares), and see what happens. I will post as much as I can. This method prevents any "past posting" or "calls by inference" which has been rampant in several rooms.

Just say: "buy xxx at 40.50 or below, stop at 40. sell above 41.00" with a 1, 2, or (up to) 5 day time frame. Pretty basic. If you have other thoughts that will accomplish the same thing, let me know.

#23     Dec 20, 2001
  4. Threei

Threei

I see what you mean. Prior the opening is not our thing, we do intraday trading on intraday setups. Trades surface as scanner alerts them.

Our Swing/position trading room works like this, and I will ask Bo and Russ if they are interested in doing this after holidays.

Best regards,

Vadym

#24     Dec 20, 2001
  5. guess what, YOU are NOT Baron..

first of all, I did not say anything negative about Hitman.. in fact, largely due to the information he and others provided on this board, i will be exploring the possibility of working with Worldco, though not on his team.. and Magna did not condemn Hitman.. he just stated his opinion in a respectful way..

and i dont congratulate any vendors.. i paid for a service with realitytrader and was very satisfied with what i learned from them.. just because you are not able to learn from others (i wonder why that would be) does not mean that no one can..

-qwik

#25     Dec 20, 2001
  6. Don.. that would not work with RT's main room because they do only intraday trading.. i have a suggestion though.. why not ask one of your newer traders to go in for the free trial.. let him trade just 100 shares and try to learn the techniques presented.. then gauge rt based not just on his performance based on thier calls but also on their ability to teach your trader to find trades himself..

-qwik

#26     Dec 20, 2001
  7. Just so I can get them in real time so I can execute the trades...then I can keep the test real and the results valid (I keep hearing the ol' Public Accountant in the back of my head as it pertains to "audit trail" and "samplings")...that would be fine....let me know.

#27     Dec 20, 2001
  8. It takes me about 5 seconds, maybe less to cruise through a post on a thread, and determine whether I want to give someones self promotion a second glance.

On a thread asking about live chat rooms, on a website dedicated to daytrading, Id be shocked if there wasnt any self promotion. If I was a reader who abhorred this sort of thing, I wouldnt bother entering the thread, and therefore wouldnt risk getting all fired up. On the other hand, some people might like the links and ideas that the promoters on this thread have, after all, thats what the initiator asked for.

I may be very new to this site, but Ive Daytraded for a living for over four years. Nearly 100% of all the offers, promotions, etc. are garbage, but I still read, as you never know when a small nugget might become worthwhile. When a subject, such as the one on this thread asks for information, I dont see any problem at all with people offering thier services, especially if they offer some type of free trial to allow someone to make thier own decision.

Any reader can choose to skip or read any subject, but if people are blasted and flamed for promoting thier own ideas or services, then someone may miss out on an idea or nugget, and thats what some people are here for.

Thats just my two cents worth. I look forward to discussing, chatting, etc. with all of you.

#28     Dec 20, 2001
  9. Since I have already received a few emails from vendors (from this board and other places)...let's try this:

All vendors and/or subscribers that want to be included in a real time test over the next month or two please:

Email directly to: dontest@stocktrading.com
    a. Who you are
    b. Name of site/service
    c. Permission to use your name (or request not to)
    d. Your suggested method for getting me your trade calls. i.e. Email prior to opening or IM during trading day with date/time stamp.

Please make specific calls only, not "maybes" since this will just cause confusion.

I will respectfully email you results prior to any public posting and ask that you review for any errors.

I hope to hear from at least the "good" sites and services soon. Thanks!! If someone else wants to post this somewhere else on this site or elsewhere simply "cc" me as well.

Thanks!!!!

#29     Dec 20, 2001
  10. I will take you up on your offer............

I will give you LONG OR SHORT ENTRIES for 2 weeks.

I will give you buy or sell IDEAS with entry, stop & targets for Daily Swings.

I would wait for 1st week of new year to be completed & start

I would have NO PROBLEM doing this from January 7th forward.

This is seperate & apart from my chatroom service, It has nothing to do with this idea. These are swing trade or daily buy & sell ideas only. NO intraday setups...end of day calls only & must be posted 30 mins prior to market open

Now....with this said.....what is the point of this & what is my gain & your gain from this all ? just to prove a point ? Sure thats good enough for me.........you tell me the game rules & I will play...we could keep a running score.....I would like to see others that pick stocks do this also...I dont think we have to explain our reasoning but the ENTRY RISK & TARGETS.......you put the game rules down & I will be part of it......maybe this will stop all the back & forth messages & nit picking......I accept the challange you put out to everybody.

Chris
    stocktrendwizard.com

#30     Dec 20, 2001