Chat Rooms - Trading oriented...

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by limitdown, Dec 19, 2001.

1. <b>"This is becoming quite a crusade, Don, isn’t it?

Please don’t continue in this or any other thread with your negativity – it is beginning to reflect badly on yourself and what you stand for – I normally enjoy your posts. "</b>

Absolutely it is becoming a crusade and I will continue it as long as the vendors continue their unpaid advertising here. IMO their similar activities on Silicon Investor had a severe detrimental effect on that site and I do not want it to drive people away here too.

I care not whether you think it reflects badly on me. You may put me on ignore. Of course you will them miss the rare, non-bitching post that you might enjoy.

If you think this reflects badly on me, wait 'til I go into real attack mode, which is very close now.

#11     Dec 20, 2001

2. Hey Don..........the arrows are as best as I could put, I would NOT intentionally put incorrect examples, I have memebers of my chatroom that seen them I they would notify me asap if they felt I had made such errors, BUT since I Have NOT had 1 notification it must be okay ...........if i made a mistake here or there Thats ife & show me were I was wrong & I will correct it...oops sorry, i am human but this is also WHY I put the TIME stamp to show the actuall calls, why where you looking ? Trying to learn something ?? I showed on 1 min chart to be as accurate as possible in line with my calls..........EVEN IF I WAS OFF by 1 or 2 mins....80% + worked out to + side.....personally I dont care where your going with anything...I would not follow you ..

I wont comment on my penis being large, i dont want to give you exact measurements, you will figure a way to say I am off by 1/2" or something or that I am promoting it on this site...haha & I dont want to get you excited BUT I am happy you liked my Office setup.....thanks..... ....hahaha

Chartwiz

Hey Don...people DO thirst for the TRUTH !

#12     Dec 20, 2001
  3. <b>Personal attack mode - Off</b>

My view of chat rooms is that they will no more help a person become a successful trader than will watching a heart surgeon operate allow the man off-the-street to perform open heart surgery. Another example might be watching Tiger Woods play golf a few times and then expect to go out and be a good golfer.

If a person has aquired a broad and deep understanding of trading techniques they may help him refine those techniques and perhaps tip the balance.

However, I suspect that in reality they attract a lot of newcomers looking for a shortcut. They may even learn a few things, just as the observer of heart surgery may, but without the basic knowledge and understanding that only comes from many, many hours of personal study, I suspect they are wasting their time and money.

#13     Dec 20, 2001
  4. Don:

While you have been weaving threads into rope. I've been left hanging with Baron's vanishing Advanced Day Trading Course for $199.00 or ($66.33 per post) at my commission rate! This thread is not about Baron's problems. Actually... I have great faith in Baron, and believe that it will be available again soon. As "I thirst for knowledge"

So, to reply to the tread and add some info, throw'em a bone. I was a member of Millennium-Traders chat room for six months, it was a great help in getting over a learning curve and turning profitable (for me). I plan to return in Jan.

Lobster
    Clawing my way to the top!

#14     Dec 20, 2001
  5. Sorry Chartwiz I cannot find the errors for you. Quality control, like advertising is a normal business expense, as is proof-reading and editing.

#15     Dec 20, 2001
  6. This is a topic for my 2002 "beyond the snake-oil" tour,and I have invited several chat rooms to be forthcoming with their numbers. To date, the only one with complete numbers (subject to my review, mind you) is daytradersonline.com.

I was sent one set of orders from one of the members mentioned above, and with that small sampling, did not fare very well.

I am not trying to make waves with any good service, quite the contrary, I want to help "plug" any service of real value.

I would like your input as a new "adventurer" into chat rooms....

#16     Dec 20, 2001
  7. I have alot going on from this point for the holiday season as I am sure you do also............BUT after the Holiday season we could resume our fun if you want..................

I wish you all a very happy holidays , including you Dufferdon, I have nothing personal against you.......you actually keep the board fun & entertaining.....when your ready to stop fighting with the world, we could get down to some serious charting right ?

be back in 2002.

Chris

#17     Dec 20, 2001
  8. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

For anyone who would be interested, Im the one who's small sampling did not impress Don. That's ok, I need to explain things a bit better purhaps in the letter because when things setup from the open I rarely trade them...cept when I do.

Re: Plugging the rooms. I guess my feeling is that if you offer something, and some one is asking about that kind of product, if you can't say you feel you are good, then you should'nt be doing it. So, whenever some one asks me about a chat I will continue to recommend myself, Chris/Linda and Realitytrader.

#18     Dec 20, 2001
  9. Glad you responded, I was purposely trying to be nice, and hoped that you might want to send more info. I set up a simple spread sheet to record results. Don't worry about "impressing" me at all. I have been trading a long time, and fully understand that "nothing works all the time." If you choose to "opt out" that's fine too...no big thing.

If anyone else has suggestions, please let me know.

#19     Dec 20, 2001
  10. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Where is the spread sheet?

RE: First impressions and all, I just wanted to clear it up so that no one would think it was one of the other two. I have a lot of respect for them , and if the criticism is directed at me, It shouldn't reflect on someone else.

B

#20     Dec 20, 2001