Chat rooms for ES, which one?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by amiindew, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Im wondering what happened to Elricardo. Awhile back everybody was talking about him and there were a hundred people in the room. The other day there were only a few people in there.

#21     Feb 13, 2006
  2. LBR's Linda Bradfords room is a WASTE of money !!!!

www.enthios.com

I haven't been in for awhile but it was very consistent then.

#22     Feb 13, 2006
  3. Personally, I think Linda's (and Chris Terry's) rooms are pretty good. Both are good traders. I learned quite a bit from Linda in particular.

I participated in Nihabashi's room for a while. I thought he was an exceptional trader. Very disciplined and focused.

I know of a couple of others as well, however they are "by invitation".

I'd be glad to offer specifics if anyone needs the info.

Steve.

#23     Feb 13, 2006
  4. lwlee

lwlee

I took advantage of Trending123Fut/Naturus's free January offer on Paltalk. Nat has an uncanny knack for calling the ES futures. She's a bit hard to understand with her Asian accent but she's good.

It's 250 per month. The only issue I have with the services is that I don't think I'll be able to learn how she does it. It's great for confirmation.

Woodie's Hotcomm is good too. He doesn't trade the ES anymore but the YM and ER can also be good confirmation. The cost is $30 a month for HotComm Std.

#24     Feb 14, 2006
  5. traderob

traderob

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=756084&highlight=Elricardo#post756084
    """
    I think the master asked members how they were doing and a couple said they were down. And then a while later he abuses one and kicks him out.
    ..."""

#25     Feb 14, 2006
  6. Warning: Be very cautious even with these so called "FREE" rooms.

These "free" rooms bait you in with only so much of the pie BUT it will cost you for the whole picture.

Bottom line is I have been in almost every single room out there (Paid and Free)over the last 3 years and they where MOSTLY a waste of time, even enthios room which was the most profitable of them all was too difficult to follow successfully because they are all ambiguous to one degree or another and they will end up frustrating you more then helping you.

That being said I'm not saying you can't learn a thing or two from them but going in with the right attitude will help you.

JUST OBSERVE and don't get caught up in their hype and don't buy anything extra if they pitch it, take what they offer and SEE if it can be modified to your goals and style on paper and then leave!!!

#26     Feb 14, 2006
  7. Most FREE rooms do not provide education and such is done intentional.

Most FREE rooms do not have a head trader. They are mainly being moderated by several traders.

Here's an analogy...look at the moderators here at EliteTrader.com

Nobody assumes they are head traders or gurus just because they are moderators.

Simply, most FREE rooms are there for traders to discuss the markets and/or post their trades and they have moderators to keep the peace sort'uv speak.

The only FREE room I can think about that actually provides education is Woodies room.

However, to get into his FREE room you need to subscribe to the Hotcomm server that hosts the FREE room.

Therefore, in reality...there's no free lunch in this business.

Yet, most traders I know that do go to these FREE rooms aren't looking to be educated...they go there to chit chat or talk about a few trades and that's about it.

My favorite FREE room is #IndexFutures on the IRC FinancialChat server.

It's moderated although not as aggressive as I like for it to be.

Many ES traders in that room posting their trades and no education is provided and nobody trying to sell anything.

Therefore, any trader that feels frustrated from FREE rooms are most likely traders that entered the FREE room without researching what the room was about and entered looking for something that's not offered (education).

I've seen this happen over and over and over again in all the free rooms I've visited...too many traders joining them for the wrong reasons.

Thus, the frustration they feel is via their own doing and not the FREE rooms fault.

Also, those that do show up to try an sell something...usually get banned by the moderators.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#27     Feb 14, 2006
  8. I do remember you asking me about my free chat room...

I do remember giving you a reply to check it out and how to go about visiting the free room that has no advertising.

Whether you showed up or not...I don't know because IRC user names are often different from ET user names.

Simply, I did not contact you about it...you contacted me about it...

Please be honest and I'm being very careful in not using a stronger word (liar).

Just in case Samson77 wants to chime in again...

He also solicited me back on 02-22-04 about wanting to be mentored after viewing my website.

I did not solicit him...he contacted me and knows I did not reply to him (not wanting to play his you solicited me games).

Once again...I do not solicit and to imply otherwise...I'm sure Baron can easily review my pm history or ask me to forward to him copies of your and Samson77 pm's to me :mad:

Other traders (samson77 is a good example) do make reference to me although some of those comments in the past have been accompany with sarcastic remarks (tongue in cheek sort'uv speak).

(By the way, I do download all my pm's prior to deletion.)

Last of all, this thread is off-topic because you and Samson77 took it off-topic.

Just wanted to keep the facts straight and not make this such a painful long message to read again. :p

My last post in this thread...

Take care.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#28     Feb 14, 2006
  9. traderob

traderob

Please do post all the pms we exchanged.

#29     Feb 14, 2006
  10. Nihabashi

I leave you with one final thought.

If you ever got attitude from me it was only because you provoked it and your posts about me have been just as critical.

I wish you well and Good Trading to you.

#30     Feb 14, 2006