chat room

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by eurohunter, Aug 3, 2006.

1. yesterday was a good day. Brownsfan and I use different methods yet both made some nice $. Today I am up 21 pips so far and the day is young. come over and visit.

#21     Aug 11, 2006
  2. Up 28 pips now on 3 trades. Going to take a break. I am going to try a paltalk chat room for us. Might be easier so you know when I am in the room. I have noticed several people that come and when they dont see me typing they leave. When I am in a trade I dont watch the room.

#22     Aug 11, 2006
  3. This implies that those visiting the room have a misunderstanding about its purpose.

I believe its best to find a group of like minded traders prior to opening/starting any chat room and all comitt to showing up...

Sharing ideas and such...participating.

Then when others do show up as guests and they see all you guys talking about the market and sharing helpful info instead of just seeing one trader...

There's a better chance the guests will also participate.

Whereas starting a room all by yourself will leave you hanging as the only participating member while all others that do show up will have the tendency to just lurk (not participate).

Simply, you will get nothing out of your chat room because nobody is sharing and the room may then become a distraction...

As commonly felt by most traders that visit chat rooms during the trading day.

Thus, the trick is to get your chat room to be seen as our room.

Last of all, I recommend to anyone that wants to start a free chat room to go to either the Financial Chat server or Othernet chat server on IRC to view the dozens and dozens of free chat rooms (last year I counted 83 free trading chat rooms) to see how those rooms are managed and/or moderated prior to starting your own chat room.

It may also be easier to find like minded traders already familiar with using chat rooms as a trading tool after visiting other free chat rooms...

Easier to then setup your own room and get benefits out of the sharing right from the start.

Mark
    (a.k.a. NihabaAshi) Japanese Candlestick term

#23     Aug 11, 2006
  4. Mark - good ideas. I think Euro just wanted a room to be able to share ideas with and I hope he sticks with it. I do agree though, a PalTalk or something would be a little better.

Keep up the good work Euro!

At $12.50/tick, he is doing well and those trading the Euro or interested in it, should at least stop in and say hi.

#24     Aug 11, 2006
  5. Thanks Mark,

The problem is of course getting some people together in the first place. I am in another room that trades the e-mini. However I have found I can make more $ with fewer problems with the Euro.

I am going to go with brownsfan and set -up a paltalk room. Since I already use it. I will be here on monday but on Tuesday will have a paltalk room called euro trading I hope some folks come by to visit.

Its a shame that more folks havent come by and stuck around Brownsfan and Vanquish are good traders and the 3 of us seems to use different methods. Brownsfan has made some serious money.

Hope to see you here on monday and on paltalk on tuesday.

Eurohunter

#25     Aug 13, 2006
  6. Paltalk chat room is up room is euro trading.

#26     Aug 15, 2006