Chat room reviews

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Turok, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoodMorningAll...

As some of you know, I have been doing DD on:

http://www.alfatrading.com/record.htm

....and I have been checking "ALL" their calls.

I have found a few that I had questions on and I E~mail them about these calls....their response was fast and I was satisfied.

My DD, on trading sites, usually lasts for 3-5 months...

.........this site JustMightBeLess???

...THERE IS BIG MONEY TO BE MADE HERE!!!

VS.

M/T

I can double or triple up on my shares per trade and really stroke TheBankAccount.

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#21     Dec 6, 2001
  2. I was in mtrader a couple of years ago and left. Now, two years later I'm getting advisories from them every day. I guess they are going into their old files and trying to lure old customers back. I suspect their subscriber base must be falling which makes me wonder how the 25k rule is affecting the chat rooms. I imagine its doing some pretty heavy damage. Anybody know? How about it ChrisRT? You guys seen any falloff at RT?

#22     Dec 6, 2001
  3. If these "calls" really worked, wouldn't the people making them simply trade and make a lot of money...so much in fact that they wouldn't have time to send out "calls"..? And no comments, about my spending time here chatting with you guys, I only get involved here when the market does "not" show good plays. :)

#23     Dec 6, 2001
  4. Turok

Turok

>If these "calls" really worked, wouldn't the people
    >making them simply trade and make a lot of
    >money...so much in fact that they wouldn't have
    >time to send out "calls"..?

Well, first let's establish my belief that the vast majority of chat rooms and their calls are garbage.

BUT, I really could ask you a similar question "If you know how to trade, why don't you just trade rather than engage in the business of providing trading tools to others?" The answer is likely "Hey, I make good money providing trading tools to others" and that would be a quite righteous answer.

The same thing can go for a "call service". Let's suppose that I make a couple EOD (end of day) swing calls per day for myself and I have the skill to pull off a nice win ratio and return. So, I use my programming skills to put up a website (takes me one long evening) and begin posting my trades there for $100 per month. It only takes me about 5 minutes per night to post them on the site. Word spreads and I end up with 30-40 traders paying me for my calls. Hey, that's something near $50K per year risk free in addition to my trading profits.

The numbers work, but of course since the entry barrier is so low in this sort of business, you end up with mostly garbage.

Hey, if my swing calls were ever to become consistant, I'd do it...for someone like me with programming skills, it's free money.

JB

#24     Dec 6, 2001
  5. Your response is valid, and I have had it asked many times over the years. The response that we give is that even though we do fine in our own trading, it gets to a point where you simply cannot put the money to use. At that point (in 1992) was when Bright Trading was formed so that we could allow others to use the capital.

Please understand, I am not at all disagreeing with you...I would just like to see someone who is making 7 figures a year trading for their own account "post calls" - then I would really be impressed...the problem then is that they may be accused of creating "self fulfilling prophecies' or of "front running"....

Good discussions.....

#25     Dec 6, 2001
  6. Have you been on www.aitradesystems.com yet i have been following them. They gave an excelent chart setup that predicted the nasdaq 41.00 breakout unbelivable they had it on there qqq section on the front page in the morning before it rocketed. would have made a load if i had traded it.

There service is completely FREE but don't know yet why they are doing it all for free? Worth a look anyway. As for alfa trading it really is true that if your results are that good you really wouldn't be wasting your time setting up a website you would be making yourself filthy rich!!!Wouldn't you? see ya:D

#26     Dec 6, 2001
  7. HiDon,

FWIW...

M/T...One of our members here, told us in a post that M/T (Thunder&Lightning)...just make calls and don't trade..

I don't know this PERSONALLY..

...and Alfatrading...make their calls at 9:00PM the night before

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#27     Dec 6, 2001
  8. I love the team promoting alfa trading. Example post below:

Alfa trading is the best i love them blah blah blah

All there results are true im so rich blah blah blah

See ya later alfa boys:p
    Get them off.:p

#28     Dec 6, 2001
  9. wwatson,

When YOU can make ME 650%+ per year...

I will kiss your a$$....A~N~D....pay you for that privilege!!!

....as always,

GoodInvesting, Rocky

#29     Dec 6, 2001
  10. what has happend here is alfa man has gone down trading like a crazy man and thought right lets just pick them out and charge people instead like all of these rooms.

Keep you slightly in the dark so you arn't quite sure when you should be getting out of a stock that is tanking and then say afterwards you should have been out around here. People who actualy trade for a living know how these rooms work.

Its easy to post an entry on a stock that is going to the roof. managing the trade and emotions involved and also setting suitable trailing stops and targets is the part they are not involved with.

Anyway good on you alfa trading if your making good money out of it haha:p

#30     Dec 6, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.