Chat room reviews

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Turok, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turok,

Took a peak at their site, are you sure they are not just buying/selling 2 day breakouts/breakdowns?

#11     Dec 5, 2001
  2. Vikana,

Agree totally with your review of Trading Markets.

To others,

I have been critical of rooms and will continue to be. I can see some value for a newbie who hasn't educated himself, provided the room uses sound methods, which is a big if. I can see some value in sites that screen for swing plays, although you would be far better to learn how to do it your self. I am very skeptical of daytrading rooms. I don't think you can run a room and trade, and why would you take plays from someone who doesn't trade? Oh, he has an assistant. Right, and Wade Cook will make you money too.

I made this challenge a while back and I'm still waiting: Anyone out there can honestly claim to have made consistent money following a daytrade room?

#12     Dec 5, 2001
  3. The Best chat room is a PRIVATE Chatroom via MIRC or another chat prog. The chatroom should consist of friends who are also likeminded traders... no bullsh*t, no messing around, pure quality ... 10 eyes are better than 1!!

#13     Dec 5, 2001
  4. Turok

Turok

>Turok, took a peak at their site, are you
    >sure they are not just buying/selling 2 day
    >breakouts/breakdowns?

Protrader1,

I am not sure of anything that they are or aren't doing.

JB

#14     Dec 5, 2001
  5. Anyone know of any good rooms, payperview or otherwise?

I'd like to see them, and your opinions, good or bad.

#15     Dec 5, 2001
  6. ill take a moment and comment on my experience with the two services that i have subscribed to in the past..

Mtrader - total BS.. they try to short tops and buy bottoms.. its all based on watching how fast something is falling, looking at the volume and then taking a position as a stock starts to reverse.. you use a really tight stop and hope that after being stopped 9 times the one time it works will cover all your stops and leave a little profit.. you can pick up all kinds of bad habits in a room like this.. overtrading.. shooting from the hip.. going against the trend.. etc etc..

RealityTrader - they teach breakouts and breakdowns for the most part.. also do some capitulation/euphoria plays.. they are very strong on educational content.. also they place a strong emphasis on the mental aspects of trading.. for the record, i am not a member there anymore.. i think they run an excellent service though..

-qwik

#16     Dec 5, 2001
  7. RealityTrader will send an email each day to you if you sign up.
    This email is free and has some of their observations on the
    market. They send one pre and post market.

And sometimes they have a link to a free video explaining one
    or two of the trades they did that day. This Monday, they were
    0-5. It does seem like they trade breakdowns and breakouts.
    I don't think that they are two day breaks. They do like to hold
    small shares until the next day sometimes.

By examining their videos, you can get a glimpse of the type
    of trades they go for.

#17     Dec 5, 2001
  8. Is MTrader Ken Wolff's room?

#18     Dec 5, 2001
  9. Turok

Turok

>Is MTrader Ken Wolff's room?

Yes

JB

#19     Dec 5, 2001
  10. skfilip

skfilip

I have been using www.alfatrading.com for almost 5 months and my returns are pretty close to what they say. I have missed few trades but I can live with it.

#20     Dec 6, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.