Chat room reviews

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Turok, Dec 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murray, please start a thread..i would like to see your ideas in action. :)

#111     Dec 10, 2001
  2. Neil

Neil

Probably a bit late in the day to enter this thread... but I will anyway.. I suppose it depends on what people are seeking in a chatroom.. I find it almost impossible to follow anyone, not in my nature I guess, but the rooms that attempt to educate traders and not just give calls to blindly follow would seem to be best in my opinion..

I was in allen's room at MTRader/TA for some time and mostly used it to learn some basics of technical analysis and when I felt I had learned enough I left to fend for myself.. which I think is the aim of any good teaching/trading room. I have commented elsewhere on this board on my progress but am now fed up with myself and feel I am not getting anywhere at all and have returned to allen for more training!

As far as his calls go.. they are 100% attainable and he, as others have said, is totally honest in all respects... the other day he called a winning trade which, as it moved fast and no-one entered it with him, he cancelled as a room trade. Many people there also seem to use his market commentary and advice in their own trades rather than following his calls and he is helpful to everyone who asks...

I have also heard good things about realitytrader, which sounds similar altho maybe more comprehensive, but then a lot more costly too. Allen had a bad spell recently I believe, but is now back in the swing of it... seems par for the course to me, altho others may know of traders who never have a bad run... He says that he has had technical probs with the website and will soon be updating the records on his site... altho 2 months is a long time to be out of action in that respect

So, it is hard for me to judge the quality of allen's technical teaching, but he always gives clear explanations and reasons for all trades entered and exited.. and I do believe that for those who wish to follow someone's calls, until they feel able to work by themself, that if you took every call of allen's and kept good stop control, you would make a sustained profit over time... that is what this is all about isn't it? I forget....

Neil

#112     Dec 11, 2001
  3. Neil

Don't get discouraged. Its a long process. I've been at it two years and I have just scratched the surface. There is so much to learn. A college degree takes four years. Its unreasonable to expect to learn a profession in less.

#113     Dec 11, 2001
  4. Please keep the comments coming, I am trying my best to visit all the chat rooms/advice rooms as soon as possible.

Thanks!

#114     Dec 11, 2001
  5. Don, will you too be giving your opinion of your personal experience in each chatroom in your article (or otherwise)?

I'd like to see that.

#115     Dec 11, 2001
  6. arky

arky

I have only been trading live for about 2 months and have been using chatrooms for 3 main reasons;

1) To learn anything and everything possible
    2) To look for opportunities I would not find on my own
    3) To confirm my own research and set-ups.

I have memberships to Undergroundtrader and Kingcambo. I have done trials at Realitytrader and am doing a trial presently at Millennium-Traders.

Briefly, my experiences at these sites are as follows:

Undergroundtrader: mixed emotions, I cancelled and then rejoined. He is mostly a momentum scalper. He will teach you to follow and "read" the futures. He tends to get you in early, and will sometimes provide exit advice, but not always. A good place to add excitement to your trading. Is it a money maker? Only if you play for 500 or 1000 shares. Also very little hand holding.

Kingcambo: a unique site, cheap with voice over chat. Their Research Alerts are just ok, many require significant wiggle room and time to play out. Not much hand holding.

Realitytrader: Rock solid T/A based alerts, with exits and some hand holding. Not a lot of calls during my trial period.

Millennium-Traders: Only one day so far, no money trades, but I am impressed. Lots of calls, entry, exit and profit updates on open positions. Lots of hand holding for newbies. If the week continues like yesterday I will join this room and keep Kingcambo ($50/MO.).

This has been my experience to date, and of course my opinions are subject to change as I continue to advance my education and experience. Good luck and good trading to all!
    -- arky

#116     Dec 11, 2001
  7. arky, have trialed Ken Calhoun yet?

#117     Dec 11, 2001
  8. I will make my notes available to the board, and you will see the article in the magazine. Since I just submitted March's article, this probably won't hit until May (since I am still waiting to hear back from some of the proprietors).

I have some notes on Calhoun, but would love some more.

#118     Dec 11, 2001
  9. blueem

blueem

Is anyone here a member of the LBT Trading Room (Linda Raschke)? If so, can you tell me whether following their S&P daytrades has proved profitable - i.e. average points per day. It's not cheap at $350/mo, but might be worth it if they have a positive expectency.

I have sent them email twice now, but they haven't responded. Not a good sign :(

#119     Dec 11, 2001
  10. Mr. BLUEM ;called thier toll free number -More Research Inc,part of LBR ,CLEAR AS A CANDLECHART....................................................1-888--LIMITDN - DOES OR DID OFFER FREE DAY HOWEVER I HAVE BEEN GREATLY HELPED BY THIER INTERVIEWS IN ACTIVE TRADER MAGAZINE ,STOCKS THAT IS..............................................................................................................
    HOPE THE BRIGHT BROS TRADING WRITE SOME DETAILS ON THIS,TOP TRADER.

#120     Dec 12, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.