Chat Problems

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Baron, Apr 16, 2002.

1. corvus

corvus

Yes, that is version 1.4.0.3...try 1.4.2.

#71     Jul 28, 2003
  2. OK,thanks,I'll be back in a while
    sulong

#72     Jul 28, 2003
  3. OK, I down loaded it, the message said I already had it so I clicked overwrite and proceded with download, and then restart, and then back to chat,and then 4 messages and thrown off??

sulong

#73     Jul 28, 2003
  4. Andre

Andre

...is a genius on Java compared to me. Just FYI.

Not sure why you're getting booted out. When I was having troubles, I could not get in at all. Do you have other apps using Java, that might be keeping the older version as the default for your web browser?

I never figured out exactly what was keeping me out. I did three things, I loaded the new version of Java, updated Win98 and updated IE. I had tons, I mean TONS of patches and updates for Windows and Explorer.

I recommend doing that as well, if you don't keep up on that type of thing.

<b>André</b>

#74     Jul 28, 2003
  5. corvus

corvus

Could you post any errors you get?

#75     Jul 28, 2003
  6. Wav2me

Wav2me

having problem seeing anything on chat site.. i have win xp.. checked under advanced tap...just saw JTI complier checked. Should i uncheck that and reboot?

#76     Nov 20, 2003
  7. Andre

Andre

It's a good idea to reboot after changing settings.

Are you getting the Java applet to open, but are getting a blank screen?

André

#77     Nov 21, 2003
  8. Wav2me

Wav2me

hi andre...

i can type in the chat room...but i dont see anyone else words...all i saw was the JTI complier checked. Should i uncheck that and reboot? per your question to me...
    all i see is a blank space...other than what i type in.
    pls advise what steps i need to take.
    thanks

#78     Nov 22, 2003
  9. ssb

ssb

hi every1. I use the chat applet which runs fine on a machine that runs the proxy, but it wont work on any other that has to go through the proxy to connect.

any1 know how to connect through a proxy?

#79     May 27, 2004
  10. Andre

Andre

I'm not sure what kind of proxy/server you've got set up. But we've heard reports that some folks with firewalls (esp. corporate level security) cannot connect to the chat room. They have to hook up outside the firewall.

#80     May 27, 2004