Chat Problems

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Baron, Apr 16, 2002.

1. corvus

corvus

The java applet itself is actually running on the page with the connect button...its that grey box that surrounds the button when the page loads...the chat window is just an extra window that it creates. Java applets stop running if you navigate away from the page they are on...safety feature so they don't run forever and suck up memory...so if you navigate away from the that page, the applet stops running...and the window that it creates, the chat window, disappears too.

So, the window is not the applet...the applet creates the chat window. The applet is actually on the chat page. Tis the problem with Java applets. There are sneaky ways to get around this, but I doubt it can be done here...

#51     Feb 6, 2003
  2. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Andre.....

I have tried several things to stay in chat, but to no avail. Asked everyone I know what it could be.

I run IB, TS, Outlook Express and the IE when the chat is running.
    I have XP on a new and powerful laptop. DSL from Bellsouth.

It first stops the modem from working and then locks the computer on TS and IB so the only way to get back on is to press the on/off button and restart it.

Any ideas? I do not have other programs on it except for the usual.

Does the same thing with all the chat programs, AOL, PalTalk etc.

Help:confused: :confused:

#52     Feb 7, 2003
  3. rowerman

rowerman

can't seem to find the enter chat room here message anywhere on my screen:confused:

#53     Mar 13, 2003
  4. rowerman

rowerman

forgot. I have windows 98 using explorer 5 thanks

#54     Mar 13, 2003
  5. Andre

Andre

Rowerman,

This screen - http://www.elitetrader.com/ch/enter.cfm - contains a Java applet that should open the chat screen. Sometimes it takes a minute or so. However, if you close that window at any time, it will kick you out of the room-closing both screens.

It sounds like you might not have the Java options set up to use our room. Have you tried these directions?

1. Click on Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
    2. Scroll down about halfway and find the option labeled "Java (Sun)".
    3. If the Java (Sun) option is checked, uncheck it.
    4. Click on OK, and restart Internet Explorer.

Remember, you do have to restart IE, make sure all widows to IE are closed. It might be worth upgrading IE to a more current version. I was having troubles getting in, and that was one of the things I did. I'm using Win 98 as well. And some folks have had more luck using Netscape.

<b>André</b>

#55     Mar 13, 2003
  6. If I can't attend chat can I view transcripts and how can I access them?

#56     Apr 18, 2003
  7. Andre

Andre

If I can't attend chat can I view transcripts and how can I access them?

You sure can, Peter. You can find a list of past chats at: http://www.elitetrader.com/ch/. Simply click on the links under "chat topic" for the chat log.

André

#57     Apr 18, 2003
  8. When I pull up chat topics I get the first page of the thread but can't find a way beyond that page.Tryed 'today's chat' but that page is blank.Where do I click Andre?

#58     Apr 18, 2003
  9. Andre

Andre

Oh... with the Gann chat, you're clicking on the Host column. Because WD Gann isn't a company, he doesn't have a web page. That's normally where that link would take you-to a company web site. The column on the far left is the "Chat Topic". Click on that one for the chat log.

André

#59     Apr 21, 2003
  10. dee123

dee123

Will Saturday's chat be posted soon of short term trading?

when will the next chat sessions with Brandon & toni be?
    thanks
    - Dee

#60     Jun 8, 2003