Chat Problems

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Baron, Apr 16, 2002.

1. Arjun1

Arjun1

Isn't ET the biggest trading forum site?
    Its a shame it doesn't have a working chat room.
    I'm getting an error message when I try to log on.

#411     Sep 1, 2009
  2. Is there any particular reason why chat software doesn't work? Seems very strange for a technical problem to not be fixed for so long...

#412     Sep 2, 2009
  3. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Um, first of all. The chat does work. In fact, it's been up since yesterday. The problem is that it goes down every couple days without any warning whatsoever. The root problem is that the people who make the chat software haven't updated the product in years, so when I upgraded the operating system on the server, the chat all of sudden started going down at random times. And since they haven't updated the software, I can't rely on them to fix it. Furthermore, I can't fix the problem myself because I didn't write the software and I don't have access to the source code.

The reason why I went with that particular software to begin with is because it was one of the few platforms that actually enabled me to integrate it with the user database here. So that way, when a user registered on the message boards, they could use the chat as well without going through a completely separate registration process. I would switch to something else in a heartbeat if I could just find one that allows that same level of user db integration.

#413     Sep 3, 2009
  4. I know quite several packages which allow integration with forum user databases.

I remember you even tried one chat system which is now used on a competitor trading community and many people regularly chat there.

Would be great to find a decent solution for this problem.

#414     Sep 3, 2009
  5. jalee25

jalee25

Perhaps a Service Level Agreement for how long the database will be running ?

#415     Sep 10, 2009
  6. bengk

bengk

Using Window XP Pro. In Tools, Internet Options, have unchecked Java and rebooted. When try for Chat room, get message "DigiChat could not connect to the specified host. Please verify that DigiChat Server is running". What is my problem??

#416     Nov 12, 2009
  7. bontedj

bontedj

I'm a first time user. Have Windows XP, a Dell laptop and connected via Internet Explorer but don't know which version. Error message reads 'either mistyped address' or 'address not available'.

#417     Dec 17, 2009
  8. Hello,

I tried all the settings and can't access "Chat" - I did, however, notice this elsewhere and I do have a feeling its not just in elitetrader.com but being I was able to post my problem I figured I'd try and fix it through here. b/c whatever the problem maybe, it may help fix my problems elsewhere in being able to view "Java" apps..

I do want to report something though - the first step asked to go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced.. when I did that, I scrolled through the entire list and did NOT find ANYTHING, not ONE thing relating to Java to check or even Uncheck for that matter - could that be my issue? Whatever that means?

I use both Market Toolbox provided by Investing Systems and IE 7 (also same problem in IE8 before I downgraded back to IE7)..

Many thanks !!

#418     Dec 24, 2009
  9. Tried firefox and IE.... Windows XP

Attached a screen shot of the error help thanks

#419     Jul 7, 2011
  10. Lornz

Lornz

What you need is a time machine....

#420     Jul 12, 2011