Chasing unicorns?

Discussion in 'Options' started by spindr0, Aug 27, 2011.

1. spindr0

spindr0

I'm using 3 to 3-1/2 times pattern day trading margin intraday so I'm not looking I'm not looking for additional trading ideas. I deal with that all day already.

Yours would be a nice answer if 1) there was anything I wanted to own (I don't), 2) selling CC's was low risk or had a decent R/R (it doesn't) , 3) if I was looking for trading/long term investing ideas (I'm not), or 4) you were replying to someone else (wondering about this one).

Short answer? Your idea has nothing to do with my question.

#11     Aug 28, 2011
  2. sle

sle

I would say dispersion in low volume ETFs is the best capacity constrained strategy around at the moment. My other suggestions would be looking at vol in leveraged ETFs (again, low volume ones are frequently mispriced) and look at earnings vol for mid/small-cap stocks.

I'd be happy to discuss in detail, if anyone is interested - stuck at home supervising a plumber today. Loads of fun, yawn...

#12     Aug 28, 2011
  3. hahaha. I do, but sle alluded to the scalability. I will only post a position that it is directional, needs help or won't suffer from crowding. I may be an ass, but that's more than most will do.

I do some consulting on the side in which I outline automated setups in vol which has the potential to limit my trading income (crowding argument), but I like to travel and love fine hotels.

#13     Aug 28, 2011
  4. +1

#14     Aug 28, 2011
  5. mikeenday

mikeenday Guest

the holy grail in trading (whatever vehicle you are driving, stocks, future, options...)

the key is: you need to read the prices correctly (in terms of probability) and know where it's moving .

plus money management to make sure not to get eliminated by one bad bet.

#15     Aug 28, 2011
  6. spindr0

spindr0

Thanks, could you provide add'l detail regarding the dispersion idea? Will that keep you awake?

Thx

#16     Aug 28, 2011
  7. spindr0

spindr0

Is there a translation for the first sentence? The second one is crystal clear :)

#17     Aug 28, 2011
  8. sle

sle

Sure, give me a few min - at this particular moment I have to make a decision that could impact the quality of my life :)

#18     Aug 28, 2011
  9. spindr0

spindr0

Thanks. Whether you forget to put the seat up or down could be traumatic :)

#19     Aug 28, 2011
  10. spindro, you know you're not making 1%, your inflation adjusted return is probably-2%, so you should just take 2% of your cash and gamble it since you're going to lose it anyway.

#20     Aug 28, 2011