Charts Patterns are not correct

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ligerny, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

That's the best response you got? Ok.

#41     Mar 9, 2011
  2. BSAM

BSAM

Yeah it is.

#42     Mar 9, 2011
  3. The link is non functioning. Can you repost or embed? Thanks

#44     Mar 9, 2011
  4. #45     Mar 9, 2011
  5. Trend Following

Yes. Do it all the time.

So, may I assume that you don't believe that people can predict a profitable trade via use of a chart?

Please answer yes, no, or state that you prefer not to say.

Prediction does not work.

Not my opinion alone, but a view passed down over the years (backed by much substance and data) from some of the most profitable traders of the last 40 years. Real people. Real names. Nothing generic or anonymous.

Below is a picture detailing my activity over a 24 hour period. i predicted 4 bottoms the chance that is it random is is basically none existent
    how do you explain that. you seem a rationale human being who would change their mind in face of evidence.
    i must admit i had never done it 4 times in one day before mostly it is once a week if i am lucky but this did happen and i can have TS verify that those were real time trads
    ( i was using to demonstrate my trading plan to an investor)

#46     Mar 10, 2011
  6. I found the new ver 7 of NT pretty good in use so session templates. You can specify if you want your chart to only display RTH (real time hours) or (24/7).

You can test different session settings to see which ones make sense.

#47     Mar 10, 2011
  7. Surf, you'd be surprised how many backtests I see at our shop from muppets using non-tradadble instruments, who want a job. Their applications tend to deleted post haste.

#48     Mar 10, 2011
  8. @RCG

Real time, before the fact calls only, please.

Otherwise, I have no interest.

Thank you.

#49     Mar 10, 2011

9. I'm not surprised at all. You would be shocked at the number of traders thru the door at my old firm with actual verified statements showing great returns who were not profitable from DAY1 once funded, and didn't even last the first month.

Literally, out of 100 plus over 3 years, only 1 consistently made money and it was with an unduplicatable edge.....

I'm suppose to accept annontated charts as "proof of concept"? Is this a joke?

best,

surf

PS-- why don't most prop firms ( who need you to be profitable to survive) teach "charting" ? And if they do, its way down the list of methods taught and is for illustration generally--- However FX dealers, like GFT, have huge educational divisions for Charting/TA but they make money from your losses, not wins,,,,,,hmmmmmmmmmm

#50     Mar 10, 2011