Charts Patterns are not correct

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by ligerny, Mar 7, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

(In a high pitched tone) Thank you!

Good post, Tommy.

The more experience one gets, the more entertaining ET is. I enjoy this website!

#21     Mar 9, 2011
  2. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

1. Who?
    2. What is the definition of chartist exactly?

Genuinely curious to see the data.

#22     Mar 9, 2011
  3. :D :D :D This from a man who does not trade but sells 1500 dollar trading courses?????:D :D :D

#23     Mar 9, 2011
  4. samus

samus

For what it's worth... I dumped candlesticks a long time ago and actually saw a slight improvement in my bottom line. I stopped looking for crap that really wasn't there... I use a tick chart with H/L bars and price action to simplify things and my performance has improved.

#24     Mar 9, 2011

5. Please just post the calls in your journal, like I do in the "surf report". I try to get my entries and exits in as real time as possible. I am not interested in magic shows or personal attacks, I have respect for all traders--- just not for claims or methods that are not shown before the fact, in a public forum.

best wishes,

surf

#25     Mar 9, 2011
  6. OMG.

Okay I will humor u.

A chartist is anyone who use a chart to trade:eek:

#26     Mar 9, 2011
  7. Okay, I will track the SNP 500 Index using my methods. It would be the easiest way to show intelligent trend following.

#27     Mar 9, 2011
  8. Trend Following

Trend Following Sponsor

No apologies for the research done on this end, who I have been exposed to for the last 15 years, or providing research and education to clients - a range of clients from very large funds to new traders starting out.

If any of the cycle/prediction folks were serious (or credible) we would all sit down and tape a debate. Real people, real names and in a real room (not the digital fake land) with a real audience and the focus would be on content -- not just personal attacks. None of the cycle/prediction characters will dare take me up on that.

#28     Mar 9, 2011
  9. Great, please use an actual tradable instrument that follows the index-- since the index itself cant' be traded. SPY, ES, or whatever. Remember to post the entries as you make them or before and the exits. Looking forward to your journal!!

#29     Mar 9, 2011
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Trend, you seem real intelligent. Do you believe that people can't make money trading off a chart?

#30     Mar 9, 2011