Charts on ET

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by learner2007, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Considering the amount of TA and trading talk on ET, I've always felt that number of charts that are posted is quite small, and the lack of comment regarding the posted charts leaves much to be desired. It seems as though the charts that are posted get lost as the thread expands.

I wonder if a separate section that would be devoted to charts that are posted as being interesting, for comment, for help/advice, educational etc. would be more focused than in the TA forum, and with any following comments falling in order under the chart rather than scattered throughout the thread.

I searched for such sites and found two that seem to be viewed quite widely.
    http://stockcharts.com/public
    http://dacharts.com/
    I'm sure ET could do a better layout than these sites though.

Thank you for considering this.

2. OptionGuru

OptionGuru

The problem with charts is that they are Very Subjective. Show a chart to 10 people and you will get 12 different opinions.

:)

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  3. And that is just another good reason to have such a section in ET!

4. I agree,
    Trading is more than just looking or staring at charts.:confused::wtf: -- this is kind of an important thing to grasp.

5. Be that as it may, the idea was to have a section devoted just to charts to where each chart could be focused on 100%, and the charts would not get lost in trading discussions as happens so often in the TA section.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  6. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

I like this and we see something like this at websites like stockcharts.com and a few other sites devoted primarily to members posting charts.

Baron could set such up very easily...I'm sure of that. If he does such, I would like to see "tags" to go with the charts like some sites have in which you can click on a tag and see all the charts that fall in the same tag category.

This can be helpful for those members and lurkers that don't speak English...afraid to talk here but not afraid to post charts. I see that as bit a problem on the forum stocktwits where some I know do not speak English but they are active in uploading charts on stocktwits while not engaging in any sentence like conversation.

Simply, this forum is money for Baron and a dedicated chart section here at ET could bring in more members and that's a good thing for Baron's wallet. Now imagine traders all over the internet posting links at other forums, websites, blogs that are linking to their charts posted here at ET or linking to charts posted by others here at ET.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
    learner2007 likes this.