Charts for use,

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by genebort, Sep 17, 2009.

1. genebort

genebort

Had to cancel esignal, as too expensive for me to try to keep learning on. Trying to learn to trade the ES futures, and if I'm too old, and slow, go back to stocks. Question is this: does anyone use Ensign or ? Thanks for any recommendations.

2. You still have to get a datafeed for it, if esignal was too expensive, dont know where you are going to get cheap data from.

3. I dropped eSignal too because of the price (still learning myself) and the crappiness of the feed and program itself. Esignal contantly froze up, lagged, you name it.

Anyway, I switched to QuoteTracker (free) with Ameritrade feed (free) hooked up to Interactive Brokers. If you don't have an Ameritrade account, you can use IB's data feed. I absolutely LOVE it. No more freezing or lags even in fast moving markets. :D

Good luck.

4. If you use Tick charts then your best bet is IQfeed. If not just use your brokers feed.

You've been trading for 10 years and are still learning?

5. http://awesnob.com/zen/#

Zen students are with their masters at least ten years before they presume to teach others. Nan-in was visited by Tenno, who, having passed his apprenticeship, had become a teacher. The day happened to be rainy, so Tenno wore wooden clogs and carried an umbrella. After greeting him Nan-in remarked: "I suppose you left your wodden clogs in the vestibule. I want to know if your umbrella is on the right or left side of the clogs."

Tenno, confused, had no instant answer. He realized that he was unable to carry his Zen every minute. He became Nan-in's pupil, and he studied six more years to accomplish his every-minute Zen.

6. Catoosa

Catoosa

Are you able to get futures data from the Ameritrade feed? I was unable to get any futures data through the Ameritrade feed and concluded that the Ameritrade feed does not have futures data, but would once they get the ThinkorSwim purchase fully integrated.

7. elit5314

elit5314

ameritrade dont offer futures trading so no futures data; try IB they have it.