Charts for beginners?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by chipware, May 3, 2003.

1. chipware

chipware

I hope this hasn't been asked a million times, but I've been lurking for a few days and haven't seen an answer to this question.

I'm starting out, trying to learn how to trade channel stocks. Can you guys make recommendations on good resources (book or web) that explain the various chart indicators like EMA, SMA, Bollinger Bands, Keltner Bands, MACD, Stoch, etc?

I'd like to get the basics down before I move forward.

Thanks in advance!

2. Don Miller, great system, he explains it well. Whether you are a pro, or a begginer, his course talks about what you asked and delivers a great system. I have his course and I absolutelly love it. It talks about all the things you asked and gives you his settings, which work very well.

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

4. volente_00

volente_00

5. My first charting resources were yahoo and lycos livecharts (both free). Lycos will let you experiment with different parameter values on the indicators you mentioned plus many more. The data is delayed, but if you're trading an ETF like qqq, spy or dia, the index data is realtime.

http://finance.lycos.com/home/livecharts/default.asp?symbols=INDEX:SPX.X

6. I would just like to say, "welcome to the world of trading".

It a great journey.

7. You could try www.prophet.net

This is a low cost option, it has just about every indicator you might wish to use. It's charts are not bad at all.

good luck for the future.

Cheers

:)

8. http://www.incrediblecharts.com/index.htm

There is a fair amount of good basic stuff on this Aussie website. Some good basic education. Just click on *Trading Basics* over on the left side of the page and that opens up a menu with quite a bit of free material....good stuff.

They have a pretty small subscription to become a member...18 bux a month...even have free charting software that looks pretty decent for end of day data....but it seems that they only have it for Aussie markets right now....with plans to get US. stock data in the future.

9. prox

prox

Trading for a Living by Alexander Elder , not the best of books but it's a solid start. You should be able to get this at the library through an ILL.