chartpattern.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by prof. charles, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Why not go here and learn a few high probability set-ups (patterns) and then see if you can nail them on a simulator. Then pic the best ones and make them a permanent part of your trading "arsenal"?

This guy has been doing this for years, and even rates the success rate of the patterns.

http://thepatternsite.com/

Disclaimer: I am totally associated with this site and get 2 million dollars for every internet hit he gets from me lol!

#11     May 3, 2008
  2. There are a lot of sources on the internet that provide the same type of information for free. For instance, you can get a ton of ideas from the Public Chart list at stockcharts.com, and there are a lot of excellent blogs to choose from.

I don't keep it up to date on a day to day basis, but feel free to visit my personal blog at http://actionpointsta.blogspot.com/ for some setups that normally don't work.

T

#12     May 3, 2008
  3. Joab

Joab

Dan's a good guy and his site is probably one of the best I've been on BUT he only does well with bull markets and longs.

I'm not knocking that but that's only 1/3 of the time in a markets cycle - so what do you do the other 2/3rds ?

The best thing in my opinion is to become a more well rounded trader and be able to trade in all market conditions.

Dan is undoubtedly one of the best bull traders I've seen though.

#13     May 3, 2008
  4. Anytime you put up a bunch of different things, like patterns and rank them against each other, you have nothing of reliable value.

If you put up 50 indicators, then 1 will be the best and 1 will be the worst. This is simple statistics.

But that in no way indicates that this will continue in walk forward testing, and you are likely to get a completely different ordering of the 50 testing over another period.

I saw nothing there that people should depend on for their trading. In fact, it likely has a curve-fitting or optimization problem.

#14     May 4, 2008
  5. Charly

Charly

#################################################

Yes and no.
    There is no indicator that works alle the time intra day - obviously.
    But there are a few that work most of the time - profitably.
    AND - get one that keeps you out of the market when it gets choppy.

#15     May 6, 2008
  6. mtrader13

mtrader13

I have been a subscriber on Zanger's newsletter, chartpattern.com for over a year. While he might be repetitive on his stock choices, if you simply follow his buy recommendations & enter using the patterns he suggests, you will find the newsletter returns an enormous percentage. My trading account is up over 100% in the last 12 months since I subscribed.

Just from reading the newsletter, I have learned many of the patterns that Zanger has used to make his millions. For less than $1,000 a year, I get advice from one of the top traders in the world. How can you beat that?

On the negative side, I wish the newsletter was 5 days a week, however, right now it is only Mon-Thurs.

#16     Jun 23, 2009