Chartists: is the S&P going to break out of this wedge? (chart)

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Sep 14, 2011.

Is the S&P500 going to break out of this wedge to the upside?

1. No, it just bounced off the trendline today. It's gonna go down

18 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Yes, it's gonna break through that and go up!

20 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. i dunno lol

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  1. heypa

heypa

Not a short term trader but it looks up to me.
    More consistent trend line drawing might help the guessers.
    Not my kind of signal however none are in this unpredictable market.
    Excessive reaction to news events with so many trying to jump out in front big time.

#11     Sep 15, 2011
  2. gtor514

gtor514

You see a pennant, I see flag. I can't make out what's on the flag but I think it's ugly.

#12     Sep 15, 2011
  3. #13     Sep 15, 2011
  4. lindq

lindq

Isn't that the Greek Flag?

#14     Sep 15, 2011
  5. rickf

rickf

No, it's setting up to form a quantum singularity that will suck the markets into perpetual churn and eventual oblivion.

Oh, wait....

;)

#15     Sep 15, 2011
  6. Can you illustrate the H&S? I don't see it.

#16     Sep 15, 2011
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

One of the drawbacks to these types of "patterns" I'm afraid; subjectivity.

#17     Sep 15, 2011
  8. volente_00

volente_00

maybe someone can clean up and resize it

[​IMG]

#18     Sep 15, 2011
  9. Eight

Eight

not to mention that underlying conditions can change right in the middle of the best of patterns...

Personally, I've been looking at the Dow more than the S&P, but it does look like price will break to the downside eventually and I found that there is a big price range without much support starting somewere below where we are and ending at about 8300... Currently there seems to be much activity to support the indexes but when that fuel is entirely spent and it hasn't warmed things enough, big run to the downside...

Do I have $ on this analysis? Not in the least, I'm an intraday trader and don't give a rat's @ss what the overall markets do, other than I'd prefer volatility......

#19     Sep 15, 2011
  10. So the new wrenches are: China, Europe, and the USA. Oh I forgot the Middle East, and of course terrorism and mother nature.

Right now we rally into options expiration. That we know because it already happened. After that then down again? How low well we'll find out next 6 weeks. Do we rally to 1350 again? Could happen but R U Friggen kidding me. Everybiody and their brother is going short this shit at 1220 to 1250......

#20     Sep 15, 2011