Charting --- who uses what?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by racehorse, Apr 1, 2004.

1. what packages do ET members use?

in the past, I've paid for and used several .. among which were StockCharts, eSignal, DTN, QCharts, and IQ Charts

currently I'm using free StockCharts and IB Charts and have decided to look into some more alternatives.

I use Andrews pitchforks, so that tool is a must for me ...

I'd like to see some posts from ET members of which charting systems are in use

2. no comment from anyone?

guess this isn't controversial enough ... ggg

3. IB datafeed, Metaserver RT and Metastock Pro.

4. gms

gms

No, it's that it's been discussed quite a few times, and new members are encouraged to search the forums. Chances are better you'll find what you're looking for over the chances everyone will repost what they've previously written. Go with the high probability.

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The no comment is probably because it's been discussed so many times before. If you don't get the responses you want, do a Search, probably under Resources or Software.

6. CQG- It's pricey but top notch. I've never had the data feed go down and have never seen a bad tic.

I have used Tradestation in the past (version 7.something) and it was good but the datafeed failed several times (over the course of about a year) for about 10 minutes each time.

7. Epsilon

Epsilon

I use filters and the tape. Don't like the charts at all!

8. damir00

damir00 Guest

ditto. basically a hacked version of 'linuxtrade', which isn't even a graphical app. and a custom front end to IB, which is also a non-graphical app.

9. nitro

nitro

1) Realtick.

2) Tradestation 2000i.

nitro

10. Ebo

Ebo

I use a Slide Rule and one of those William O'Neil books that have daily Charts. These computers give me a headache.

#10     Apr 1, 2004