Charting Website

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by WCOMtrader, Feb 4, 2003.

1. Is prophet paid intra day subscription real-time? And if so, how real time is it? (lag??)
    Also, does it update automatically, or do you need to refresh?

#11     Feb 5, 2003
  2. Dzambo

Dzambo

Bronze membership is full of advanced charting features, but with delayed data, and it costs $10

Silver ($20) is with 130 indicators or so, and real time streaming charts, not a snapshot, and it's as accurate as anybody else's who's claiming streaming quotes and data feed. Therefore, you don't need to refresh, it does it for you.

They are also one of the data providers for Medved QT:
    "Prophet.NET-Subscription service - It is specifically optimized QuoteTracker and provides fast snapshot quotes. It also supports all the QT columns including BID/ASK Size, Last Vol, TICK, # of Trades, Avg Trade and others. If you are not satisfied with your current quote provider, then ProphetStream is the way to go. "

#12     Feb 5, 2003
  3. Does this interface with an order entry system and does it support pairs or the relationships between multiple stocks?

#13     Feb 5, 2003
  4. toby400

toby400

#14     Feb 5, 2003
  5. I have used Real Tick and Q-Charts both on an intra-day basis and found them both to be pretty good. Real tick was always pretty stable and the data was trustworthy. I found Q-charts was okay but have always been skeptical about their feeds, and the constant problems with switching between servers can be annoying as hell. Even worse I have found is that my buddies and I (all using Q-charts) have seen times when there is an actual difference/lag in the futures data between two different machines connected to Q-charts (different servers mind you) with no indication from Q-charts that there is a problem with the data.

I switched to Q-charts from real tick because it was cheaper but now I am considering switching back! When I looked at Prophet I thought I had struck gold price wise because it is so inexpensive but of course upon closer inspection I found that the CME feed is $60 per month like everyone else so no real savings. That CME feed is what makes my charting expensive but I can't live without it!

Has anyone used all 3 charting packages and can the comment on their experiences with them and rank them on the basis of
    Cost ($ per month incl. CME)
    Reliability (no data lag)
    Function (tools and look/feel)

Thanks!

MACD

#15     Feb 5, 2003
  6. #16     Feb 5, 2003
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

#17     Feb 6, 2003
  8. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

9. Thanks for all your help guys. Hopefully this post will help anyone else who is needs this info.

#19     Feb 6, 2003
  10. 4england

4england

Does anyone know of any charting sites that cover european indices?

Many thanks

#20     Feb 7, 2003