Charting Solutions!

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by cclee, Jul 10, 2002.

1. With tick charts I expect to do the following:

One min bars (when the charts jumps over to a new bar) tend to create patterns that look like reversals when in fact there is no reversal.

I'd like to see on which end of the bars are most of the trades located.

With ticks I want to see the trades without the imposition of the bar framework. For example a bar from 920.00 to 920.75 isn't going to tell you that most of the trades were hammering at the 00 level with only 5 trades making up the excursion to .75 and back.

Hopefully I will get faked out less and be able to pick good entry points.

#21     Jul 13, 2002
  2. Yes I look at T&S with one min bars and mentally I try to reconstruct what the ticks are doing, but I figure it would be better just to see the ticks.

I will look at 5 min and 1 min bars for general structure but at ticks for precise market entry.

#22     Jul 13, 2002
  3. high99

high99

I subscribe to Q-charts, and like to use tick charts as well. However, when setting up your chart option (tick, one minute bar, two minute bar, etc.) the tick chart only allows you to go back 20 minutes. That's it. Don't know why, but no more.

#23     Jul 13, 2002
  4. DblArrow

DblArrow

Qcharts tick, is tick by tick chart. You cannot set parameters for say, a 96 tick chart. But can do any minute period 1,2,3,43,126 etc.

Make 'em pretty, Chris

#24     Jul 14, 2002