charting software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Lippy, May 31, 2006.

1. Lippy

Lippy

just wondering if everyone would use esignal if it wasn't for the price? i've been using alphatrade charts and they bite so i was planning on switching to esignal until i saw the rating on this site. Im just wondering if the ratings are harse only because the price? If all the charting software was free would everyone be using esignal?

thanks in advance to reponses

2. Lippy

Lippy

harse=harsh

3. Lippy

Lippy

basically i need quality 1 minute tick charts to trade off. as well as es and nq mini's. im a day trader trading the nasdaq and i need something reliable, quick and more adjustable than alphacharts. Also with pre and postmarket data

4. Lippy

Lippy

maybe not the most exciting thread, but anyone have an opinion?

5. I'd say give Jerry Medved's Quote Tracker a try and see if it meets your needs. You can use the free version to give it a try, and it uses data from broker feeds, like IB's. Jerry is on this board constantly and is tops for customer service.

6. eSignal as a data source is very good, however the charting that comes with the package have a lot of room for improvement.

7. Try Sierra Chart

Good charting with IB without the lag that esignal sometimes suffers and flexible tools. Other data sources as well.

8. Kiwi -- Does Sierra handle the IB data seamlessly? I've tried some of the IB front ends and some are horrible to work with. If only Buttontrader had some intraday charting...

I like Neoticker, but I can't get the demo to work with IB. I can't devote hours to getting this sh*t to work.