Charting Software

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by JDE13158, Oct 17, 2005.

1. Tradestation 2000i is a good choice especially for end of day and systems trading. For day trading especially if you're an IB customer (because the data is then free) I'd go with SierraChart.

LOL, noting the questions that just appeared above, for what its worth it can track spreads and chart price series from other charts, synchronously and asynchronously.

#11     Oct 19, 2005
  2. hcour

hcour Guest

Amibroker is a great, relatively inexpensive program. It'll do pretty much anything MetaStock will.

H

#12     Oct 19, 2005
  3. gbos

gbos

I use amibroker for some days now and it’s very fast compared to other software. I use the End of day version so I can’t comment on real time performance. It has an extensive online community that will answer on almost any problem. It has an easy programming language that is like basic programming language. For example I wanted to make a custom indicator for Parkinson’s volatility taking into account the last 10 days, so after I spend ten minutes reading the manual, I just opened the indicator builder wrote the following code, and voila the indicator was drawn on my charts….

/*
    Parkinson's formula for volatility
    ----------------------------------
    N : number of periods used in the calculation
    NF : normalizing factor
    */
    N=10;
    NF=1.67;
    R1 = (log(High/Low))^2;
    Sigma = NF*sqrt(252/(4*log(2)*N)*Sum(R1,N));
    Graph0 = Sigma;
    Graph0Color = 29;