Charting software with market profile

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Trader_Herry, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Yes you could set your charts up that way, but I never put my trade platform (order book) on the same PC as my charting (I use a stand alone separate box for my platforms....with nothing else running on it). I would have to set my LCD screen with my platforms just to the right of my charting to mimic the example you have......but all the charting features could be arranged as you have requested with Inv R/T.

#11     Aug 26, 2006
  2. correct me if i'm wrong...but i believe volume and price with IB feed are usually correct...but they bundle the ticks...so they feed faster...thus...instead of feeding you 5 ticks of 2 contracts they feed you 1 tick of 10 contracts...not 100% certain..but just a thought

#12     Aug 27, 2006
  3. I am not sure either....I have been told that their feed is not optimal for running market delta charts and the exact reason why I do not know.

#13     Aug 27, 2006
  4. When you bundle ticks together you loose resolution. It becomes impossible to correctly assign whether each trade occurred on the bid or the ask. To do this accurately requires a tick by tick data feed.

#14     Aug 27, 2006

5. That is what I thought and that makes a lot of sense to me....thanks for the clarification!

#15     Aug 27, 2006
  6. But they don't show you all information made on each tick. Only last change of bundled ticks!

#16     Aug 27, 2006
  7. certainly makes sense..

#17     Aug 27, 2006