Charting software with "freehand" draw?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by elit, Dec 15, 2006.

1. That crossed my mind but here's what I think he's looking for.

He wants a drawing tool outside the one that's programed into his current charting program.

That drawing tool must have the ability to post lines, text et cetera without having to upload the chart image into the drawing tool program for saviing as an image.

Simply, once you save whatever you put on the chart and then close the charting program...

When that charting program is reopen...those annotations are still there on the chart.

Annotations created by an outside program.

Elit...please correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm right...there is a program that does it and I can't remember it.

I think it install itself or reconfigure the drawing tool codes in programs.

I'm looking at Google now.

If I remember it at a later date...I'll send you a quick pm with the info.

Mark

#11     Dec 15, 2006
  2. elit

elit

This is an example of what I would like to do in the program. I did this in 5 seconds.
    To do this in for example Amibroker or prorealtime.com would be more time consuming because there is only tools to draw straight lines...

• chrt.gif
      File size:
      14.1 KB
      Views:
    #12     Dec 16, 2006
  3. elit

elit

So I just thought if metastock, tradestation or any program had the tool... :)

#13     Dec 16, 2006
  4. I'm a little confused now by what your looking for.

Which of the following are you looking for:

1. The ability to draw freehand on a screen captured image.

2. The ability to draw freehand on the chart inside the charting program without having to do a screen captured.

For number #1 above, there are hundreds of image editing programs (free and cost) that can do that.

My favorite is Snagit and it has a user friendly freehand drawing tool.

http://www.techsmith.com

For number #2 above, your either going to need to change charting programs because your current charting program doesn't have the ability to do that.

The other alternative involving number #2 is that you need to find that particular drawing tool software that once installed, it works inside your charting program like an add-on component.

Simply, your image example can be either #1 or #2 because all you've shown is the end result.

Mark

#14     Dec 16, 2006
  5. elit

elit

That's number 2 I'm looking for, and Yes I am looking for a charting software with that function. :D

#15     Dec 16, 2006
  6. Strange, I could've sworn that my post was not printed in invisible ink...

#16     Dec 16, 2006
  7. elit

elit

Didn't find the function i needed in the list...

#17     Dec 16, 2006
  8. Maybe you didn't look hard enough:

"If you want to ignore price all together and draw a little stick figure in the corner of the chart, you will have the ability to complete your task with out any limitations."

Seems the Area 51, err, Wave 59 people display a dry sense of humor, if not flawless spelling...

#18     Dec 16, 2006
  9. elit

elit

Ok thanks

#19     Dec 17, 2006