Charting Software to Plot Custom Spreads

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mike212, Mar 24, 2018.

1. mike212

mike212

I'm looking for charting software where I can plot the result of formula that uses multiple securities. For example something like this:

IBM - 0.55 SPY

Would be great to be able to see plots of that using multiple time frames, include tick, 1 minute bars, daily bars, etc.

Extra points if the software has a way to take in a free feed of crypto data as well.

2. Investor RT may have that functionality

3. drm7

drm7

TradingView can do that very easily, although you need to have the PRO version ($30/month) to chart intraday spreads. Unfortunately no tick charts (yet).

They also chart the major cryptocurrencies.

4. mike212

mike212

Will take a look at those. Appreciate any other ideas as well. I tested Sierra Charts trial and I can get it to plot that above equation on intraday and longer term charts. It's already configured for free crypto which is a bonus. Not a big fan of the interface. Will keep looking but Sierra may be the winner depending on what else I find.

5. DTN does it also. prophet x

6. Handle123

Handle123

You can with Ninjatrader but might have to get someone to program it as an Indicator version 8, I had programmed it in version 7, then move to python. I think Bone has some nifty software, don't known if he leases it out or you have to take his course on spreading. If I was going to take any more courses, he be the gentleman to contact on spreading as it is a forgotten and very good way for reduction of margin and consistent way of trading as most of the pit traders did it.

7. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

Interactive Brokers TWS.

tommcginnis likes this.
  8. Amibroker can do custom spreads, trade off of it, fire off api signals from it. Pm me for more info.

9. truetype

truetype

Why PM? Are you a vendor, or contractor?

10. Why pm? Why not? if they have a specific question, then least they can do is to look me up and fire off questions this way. I am not vendor/ as far as contractor. ..for a very healthy price, my hours can be bought in bet my trading hours. I am a "superuser" of AB for past 3 years and bef have used- TS, Sierra, Inv RT, ESig, Thinkscript. Any more questions.. PM me :)

#10     Mar 26, 2018