Charting Software that Runs on Trading Platform Feeds

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Charlie Dow, Oct 15, 2005.

1. What do you guys think of a charting software package that runs off IB's Bracket Trader or Pats J-Trader?

I just heard about this and would like to know if any of you are familiar with what charting package the guy was talking about?

2. just21

just21

3. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

1. Add amibroker.com for IB

2. Anyway to use amibroker with pats?

3. what is snapdragon.com?

Thanks

Hittfeld

4. Does any of them provide backfill?

5. just21

just21

www.snapdragon.co.uk not.com does not work with jtrader but with pats delphi PTS as well as IB.

Ibcharts, Sierra charts, Quotracker, Ensign, Advanced get charts all have backfil from IB.

6. I just got an email leting me know the answer. The charting software was MultiCharts supported by Tradestation. Those others are ok but I was looking for a more meatier package. I think MultiCharts will fill the bill.

Thanks for your comments.

7. CD, I don't know what package you were referring to, but TradeMaven allows you to trade by clicking on the chart. You might want to check them out and available datafeeds. Doesn't work with IB though.

Test drive TM with a Transact data feed. I think you'll like it. $50/mo. for platform with all basic charting. $199 for professional version with special volume filters and some proprietary indicators. Low RT commish, fast fills and great tech support.

BTW, I'd stay away from anything related with PATS unless they've improved a bunch lately. I heard far more negative than positive from people that use(d) them when I checked them out early this year. 2-3 negative referrences for every positive one.

8. The back fill only includes the current trading day, right?

9. omniscient

omniscient Guest

www.quotetracker.com can run off of several brokers. good stuff, jerry and his crew are some of the best peopole around, and the price is VERY reasonable (free for fully functional version with adds or $60 annually). some brokers cover the annual fee for you.

hth

take care :)

omni

10. just21

just21

Ib support six months backfill but the program you use will have to make multiple requests for five days at a time.

#10     Oct 15, 2005