Charting software for IB

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by DT1, Apr 18, 2009.

1. DT1

DT1

Hi all,

I am looking for a charting software that could show IB positions and market scans. There seems to be no charting software allowing to scan the entire market so I am looking for a software that could work with trade-idea. I tested :

Amibroker
    It looks fine but the problem is I need LT and intraday charts and that is not possible in a single AB session+no link to trade-idea

Quotetracker
    QT does no allow to define custom indicators+when clicking on IB position I don't get a chart to be displayed automatically

NinjaTrader
    no link with trade-idea+I would have to pay to get IB posiions displayed in NT and I am not sure I can link them to charts.

Any idea on what software I could use for my needs?

DT1

2. Try Sierra Chart ... it has a lot of functionality in this area and they are developing actively at present so if you needed changes they might well make them.

3. teun

teun

4. DT1

DT1

Is it possible to link SierraCHarts to Trade-ideas?
    WHat does the account functionality looks like? Can I see the daily and unrealized P&L for each trade? Can I link the account tool to charts?

5. plan

plan

Tangent: IB were idiots not to have scooped up QT.

6. DT1

DT1

QT integrated with IB would have been a great deal for sure. Trouble is QT does not allow to customize indicators. I need one indicator to calculate position sizing quickly.

At the moment I use TradeStation. It is great. Only problem is it is not integrated with IB. But I will probably keep using it until I find a better software.