charting service

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Kingfin2, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Kingfin2

Kingfin2

What is the cheapest online, realtime charting service I can get. I trade only treasury futures right now and need to get real time with basic studies on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

2. QuoteTracker would fit the bill:
    http://www.quotetracker.com

yoiu can use the software itself either free, or $5 per month (if registered annually). You need a datafeed for it as well. If using your broker for the datafeed, there is no extra cost. If not, you can get a subscription from one of the supported datafeed vendors such as IQFeed. the price will vary depending on what specific exchanges you select, but would most likely be $40+exchange fees for real-time futures.

3. I just opened an account w/ interactive brokers, so I can have their realtime data feed, which I use to power Ensign charts ($40/month). IB will charge $10/month if $30 in commissions are not generated, so it seems like max cost for Ensign is $50/month, which is great because Ensign charts have pretty much everything that esignal or cqg has, I have no experience with quotetracker, but people seem to like it from what I have read on these boards. By the way, I also exclusively day trade 10yr futures, and use ensign to look at this market...

Jason

4. you can sierrachart with ib and that is almost free.

www.sierrachart.com I think it is $10 a month

5. www.livecharts.com is java and has the best watchlists of the cheapo services. Ticker plant is suspect, but works ok for a backup. Plus, it will work on any machine.

6. Kingfin2

Kingfin2

Thanks everyone, anymore?

7. just21

just21

8. Yeah, very solid and cheap.

9. Also consider quote.com, although it appears some data feeds are only available to Canadians or Americans, strange. They are pretty darn cheap. I would like to know if IB gets tier 1 data.

10. What's the difference between these and...let's say...the live charts offered by services like Ameritrade?

#10     Dec 5, 2005