Charting Question - 3 Day Bar

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Palindrome, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Palindrome

Palindrome

So far, Think Or Swim is the only charting software that has 3 Day Bars.
    Most platforms have 4hr, Daily, Weekly etc. I'm looking for 3 Day Bars.

Anyone know of a platform that has this besides Think or Swim?

2. NinjaTrader; default for Day is one bar, but user can change to whatever they want/
    need.

3. CyJackX

CyJackX

Yeah, Ninjatrader lets you define the ticks in custom seconds, minutes, or days.

4. Palindrome

Palindrome

Cool, So Ninja Trader will allow 3 day in addition to 1day 1 week 4hr 15min etc.

5. Handle123

Handle123

Am sure Tradestation can adjust the time and since Multi-charts is like Tradestation, perhaps them as well, On older Tradestation software's you could adjust times so you could have one day but then you could make 3 -8 hour each sessions so you have three bars to represent one day. Thought be something special-waste of my time in long run. KISS, the simpler you make systems the better, study how to get risk down as low as you can and profits will come. Build you own charting software then you can have price bars do all kinds of imaginative stuff, like have bars end 2 seconds before everyone else.

6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Sierrachart. Completely flexible in the amount of data per bar.

7. Xela

Xela

Yes - Ninja and Sierra for sure. I'd guess others, too?

8. Cisco34

Cisco34

I'm sure everyone is wondering but no one has asked yet. What's the significance of a 3 day bar? Care to share?

9. CyJackX

CyJackX

I don't really wonder. I like to scale my charts by factors of 5. Wind up with some quirky intervals. To each their own.

10. Trade Interceptor. Good software. Great for currencies

#10     Dec 25, 2016