Charting P&L

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Mr.B, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Mr.B

Mr.B

I was wondering if anyone had a Excel formula that allowed you to make a line chart of your P&L. What I am looking for it to do is put the time on the X axis (8:00, 8:30, 9:00, ext.) and a dollar figure on the Y axis ( $0.00, $100, $200, ext.) If anyone has software like this or know where to get it I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

2. volkl23

volkl23

You really don't need a formula to plot what you're describing in excel. Just use time as your x-axis and p and l in your y axis and you're done.

3. hopback

hopback

Something like this?

4. hopback

hopback

something like this?

5. Mr.B

Mr.B

This seems to be a good start but is there an easier way to enter the data by price and total $ that will automaticly add the $ value together instead of manualy adding up the ticks and then adding them to the previous totals. I would like to be able to enter the time and then the actual profit from an individual trade and just enter those numbers with the time and have them automaticly add the summs and then chart it. I realy appreciate all the responses. I just don't have a great knowledge of how the formulas work in exel.
    Thanks.

6. hopback

hopback

how about this

enter time and trade P/L on sheet 2