Charting my trades

Discussion in 'Journals' started by jboydston, Jul 10, 2002.

1. At long last, Trades 10-14.

Using Snagit now... much easier. Thank you Nkhoi!

#31     Jul 15, 2002
  2. Thank you: candletrader, stkcowboy, TriPack, Ditch, nljones5, nkhoi, and everyone out there who helped me out.

I took to heart advise (especially from stkcowboy) about fine-tuning a system. I've backtested and live traded my revised system for the last three weeks, with results far exceeding my expectations.

I have always felt that sharing trading strategies would not be detrimental to my success, however this is just too important to me to risk it. Unfortunately, I will no longer be posting my trades. I could continue to post P&L, but would serve no purpose but to possibly inspire.

Thanks again to all who participated and helped out. Good luck to you all!

JB

#32     Aug 8, 2002
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

hey, even posting a long string of winning days is inspiring and help to dispel the myth "you can't make money in futures"

#33     Aug 8, 2002
  4. Here are my august trades so far. Money can defiantly be made here, but I can honestly say that trading is the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I wouldn't wish the life of a day trader on my worst enemy! (Well actually I would... have to take somebody's money ;-)

8/1
    4 contracts
    2 Trades
    +$3600

8/2
    No trades

8/5
    4 contracts
    2 Trades
    +$3100

8/6
    4 contracts
    1 trade
    +$3000

8/7
    4 contracts
    3 trades
    +$3750

#34     Aug 8, 2002
  5. I also thought that it might be worth mentioning that I finally found a way to overcome my SHORT bias.

Trading within a strict system is the only way I have been able to LONG profitably. I don't know what it is, but I just can't see a LONG setup to save my life.

Just thought this might be of help to someone.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6147

#35     Aug 8, 2002
  6. I'll say!!! Good to hear from you on this thread again, and to see that you did some 'inner thinking and outer tinkering' to your system. Your hard work and new discipline should produce those results in real time that you are striving for. Keep us posted and continued success in your trading.

#36     Aug 8, 2002
  7. nkhoi

nkhoi

just snag a picture of your P&L like Mr. Sub would be fine.:cool:

#37     Aug 8, 2002
  8. Like this?

#38     Aug 8, 2002
  9. nkhoi

nkhoi

thank, don't forget to block your account number :)

#39     Aug 8, 2002
  10. 4 contracts
    3 trades

#40     Aug 8, 2002