Charting for Dummies

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by urka, Sep 25, 2006.

1. urka

urka

I am hopelessly deficient in computer skills. I trade the Russel on a 5 minute chart. I use Sierra Charts. I had selected that charting service because I thought it would be the easiest to operate. However, after 2 years I still can't get the hang of it.
    I would appreciate recommendations as to which charting service is deemed easier than Sierra Charts.

2. TC2007 is simple and very good. One of the most popular charting for beginners, well for everybody. Plus they have videos to help you learn the charting basics.

3. nkhoi

nkhoi

qchart

4. urka

urka

Thank you both for your response. I went to the web sites and I will first try the 30 day trial for TC2007

5. Great hope you like it, remember watch the setup videos.

6. What is it you are trying to do? Might be easier to give reccomendations if we knew what you wanted. All programs have a bit of a learning curve. Quotetracker will usually answer email questions within minutes.

7. urka

urka

Beer Belly--------------I don't believe that it would be fair to Sierra Charts to badmouth them for what are obviously my very own deficiencies. I specifically don't want to comment on customer service or documentation. I was hoping that some viewers here might have had experience with Sierra Charts and have evaluated another charting service that they deem to be easier. I was originally referred to Sierra Charts as an easy service to learn, and it may very well be so. I recognize that "easy" is an opinion that may not be universally shared, but at least I could be given a starting point to explore.
    I trade only with the Slow Stochastic and a moving average( also occasionally the MACD), so I don't need sophisticated studies or scans. I just want to be able to maneuver around the charts. To give you a specific example or two: Although I have a choice of over a dozen audio alerts, I have never been able to activate more than two. Also, once I manage to get separate charts on dual monitors, I can't get back to a single chart on one screen without turning off my computer.