charting e-mini's ?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by toby400, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Yaz

Yaz

I can be a little confusing getting used to this stuff. ND is the "big" nasdaq contract... NQ is the mini contract, as you noted. The big contract, during regular trading hours, trades in the pit in Chicago, while the mini contract, during the same hours, trades on the electronic market. That's what's meant when the CME sometimes talks about "side-by-side" trading. Because the two markets are "separate", there will be small discrepancies in the prices between the two, just because there are two different groups of traders involved in each market.

#11     Mar 21, 2002
  2. Yaz

Yaz

As far as CNBC goes...I presume they quote the big contract, but I really don't know.

If you really want to have fun with index-discrepancies...set up charts for the nasdaq composite, the QQQs, the NDs and the NQ's, all on the same screen (or the SP, ES, $SPX, and SPY equivalents)...you really get to see how Chicago leads NY around by the nose, LOL.

#12     Mar 21, 2002
  3. tom_p

tom_p

Neil, was there any particular reason why you changed from NexTrend?

#13     Mar 21, 2002
  4. Neil

Neil

Yaz.. thanks for that.. got it now I think.. cheers

Tom... yes.. am trying qcharts feed with EQ charting bolted on top.. still got nextrend and will decide which is best over the next few weeks. Have an affection for NT but really want to be able to plot pivot points on charts and also feel that NT's inability to sort columns in quote boards is a bit poor.. On EQ now I am able to plot pivots or any formulas on the charts and also any formulas as quote board columns which I can then sort.. such as for range or above low/below high... could do the formulas on the quote boards in NT but can't sort...

Neil

#14     Mar 21, 2002
  5. Any ideas when Medved will be able to use Interactive Brokers' quotes for the NQ and ES? Thanks

~EC

#15     Mar 21, 2002
  6. I have been using Prophet charts for my research at night but they don't seem to offer futures data anymore, I use Tradesignals applet now but there is not much intraday data available, do you know any other source offering charting with crosshair? I need RTH data only, globex session not included.

#16     Mar 31, 2002
  7. toby400

toby400

I have seen sierracharts and note they have a crosshair thingy and use My track data. Their message board seems to indicate they are thinking of adding Interactive Brokers as a data supplier.

Crontech is another I came across ( Also Low priced). However, I have used neither so cannot comment further on the usefullness of either.

Toby
    UK

#17     Apr 1, 2002
  8. tHANKS

I'll try those out. I am more looking for a free website though, my 2 data providers don't have what I need. I can't even get RTH only in Nextrend.

#18     Apr 1, 2002
  9. def

def Sponsor

i believe QT is programming to interface with IB. The latest release (759) allows execution reports to be downloaded via activeX/Socket clients. perhaps this will assist them.

#19     Apr 2, 2002
  10. Def, I ask QT when this would be happening and their response was they were getting no help from IB so I could be waiting a while. Hopefully not too long. :) Thanks

~EC

#20     Apr 2, 2002