Charting API

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by ronedawg, Jan 21, 2009.

1. ronedawg

ronedawg

Hey guys wondering if someone can help me out, been searching Elite Trader for a while for the answer with no luck

I have developed a grey box software application which i will be licensing out starting in February 09, but I would like to combine a charting package with it. I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations on which charting software I should use. I have found Modulus Financial and it looks perfect but I just cannot get a response from them. I have been phoning and emailing them constantly with no luck. Anybody know why they don't respond? or can anyone give me the name of another company along the same lines?

Thanks for the help

2. I use chart director

The free version has a banner and it's reasonably priced to buy. There are ports to C++ (what I use), VB, .NET, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby. Great stuff.

3. Ronedawg,

I use CQG for charting and they have an API. Their data is very clean, but it probably wouldnt work well if you need it for individual equities (they only carry NYSE, Nasdaq, and AMEX, none of the ecn's) but for futures it would work great. Hope that is helpful for you.