Chartered Accountant

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by baller1069, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Dear Baller,

This is a very difficult decision, I know. I did my apprenticeship at Deloitte and it will be boring, but you will be happy when you finish. After the auditing apprenticeship, the world will be open to you. Trading will always be there and you could do it after you finish. Having a CA designation is a great back-up and there will always be a demand. I finished my designation and now I'm trading. I know that if trading doesn't work out, I can always get a good job. But you can't say the same if it was the other way around.

Good luck with your decision.

Torontoman

#11     Nov 25, 2007
  2. I don't know about working at a Big 4 firm, but the firms I worked with for internships weren't exciting but pay well. Public accounting experience is excellent if you're an auditor. And accounting teaches you all you could ever need to know about reading financial statements, which can only help you when looking at companies to invest in.
    The firm I work for now is more interesting, because it is in the investment industry. You could look into firms that specifically audit hedge funds and mutual funds if you want to go the accounting route. The money is good, and you will work with lots of other young people and build up a network/contacts. There are few better careers that guarantee good pay and job security like public accounting right now, at least in the US.

#12     Dec 2, 2007