Charter cable speed problem (out of the blue)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by street carp, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Aside from having to call yearly to threaten to move to DSL to get a decent rate, I've had no problem with Charter's service or speeds. (I'm in the St. Louis area.) I can't remember the last time service was interrupted.

Last night and tonight I noticed pages taking way too long to load. I went to http://myspeed.visualware.com/il/index.html to check speeds and I am anywhere from 500 to 700 kbps. (I am normally at 4900/I pay for 5Mbps.)

This is like the troubles I had with DSL. It was fast enough until 7pm and then slower than dial up. Now my cable connection is normal during the day (thankfully) but after 5 PM it sucks.

Is this acceptable? I already tried to call and live chat with them, but they just go through their mindless list of solutions which don't help. Anyone else having evening slow-downs on cable? Anyone else in St. Louis using Charter?

Matt

2. I have the same issue. I finally spoke with somebody in internet support and they acknowledged that they have an area wide issue with slow response times. They said it should be fixed in the next several hours.

3. Thanks. I just got through and there's now a message quoting they are aware of and working on the problem in the St. Louis area.