Chart watch - TMTA

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Chagi, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Chagi

Chagi

TMTA experienced another strong move upwards today, ~10% gain, volume building, chart is looking great, though $1.50 may prove to be a point of interim resistance.

Interesting thing is that there have not been any recent press releases by TMTA, only bits of apparent TMTA-related news are that Ford is going to be offering Crusoe-based tablets in some of their trucks, and S3 is having Fujitsu produce their next-gen video cards (supposedly involving TMTA low power tech?), here is a link for the latter:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/11/02/s3_signs_fujitsu/

TMTA should be announcing a date for earnings release soon...

#11     Nov 2, 2005
  2. Chagi

Chagi

Update - TMTA chart is continuing to look very strong, closed today at $1.73, up 37% or so since I bought in.

Earnings are being released after market close tomorrow (November 8), I personally think that the stock will selloff a bit tomorrow due to the risk involved with holding into earnings, $1.75 is also a point of interim resistance.

The pattern of events is reminding me a great deal of the run-up that took place prior to August earnings announcement, going to be very interesting to see how earnings shape up.

#12     Nov 7, 2005
  3. Grew

Grew Guest

Sorry i haven't been around in awhile. I've been a bit busy. I took a gamble and put a couple of staggered orders where i thought the stops would be just below consolidation around 1.20 and LUCKY me i got filled. So I am back in this with not much money but fairly content that my educated guess actually paid off. I am very hesitant to continue holding through todays earnings; however, I do have strong convictions (and research) about TMTA's prospects. I just think the stock is a bit overextended and unless we get a very positive forward looking statement, (see my previous posts) I think i'll take my money and sit back for another techincal buying point or new royalty contract.

#13     Nov 8, 2005
  4. Are you long the stock? it sounds like you are an analyst.

#14     Nov 8, 2005
  5. Grew

Grew Guest

lemmings.... errr i mean analysts are too busy working their 60-80 hour weeks to be posting on a board like this.

#15     Nov 8, 2005
  6. lemmings err analysts make $500K - $1.5MM per year. are you pulling down that kind of dough?

#16     Nov 8, 2005
  7. Grew

Grew Guest

The term lemmings has 0 connotation of income, merely their mindless following of each other without regard for original thought. You should know better than to respond to my statement with a completely unrelated information.

Back on topic. Sold 1/2 at 1.70 cant' justify a blowout quarter big enought to push prices higher. I will have a mental stop in after earnings for the 2nd 1/2 position.

#17     Nov 8, 2005
  8. Chagi

Chagi

Yes, I am long the stock, and I am partly complimented and partly offended by the analyst remark hehe. :p

I'm actually just a university student...

As for my trading, I trade primarily based on chart technicals, but I always take at least a brief look at fundamentals before taking on a position trade. TMTA is a bit of a special case for me because I've been following the company in great detail for a little over a year, and because I have a technical enough work background to understand a fair bit of what they do as a company.

I'm also going to be doing a paper on the company for one of my uni classes this semester. :)

#18     Nov 8, 2005
  9. why bother with TMTA ?

is it the gambling mentality in the sense of
    that "TMTA" was once a highflyer or that one can
    buy more shares than if it was a $20 stock
    and pray for a return of say 5 X on money speculated here ?

was TMTA chosen for fundamental reasons ?
    or based on a stock screener of penny stocks ?

#19     Nov 8, 2005
  10. Chagi

Chagi

I'm very, very interested to see the quarterly results. I'm expecting to see anywhere from breakeven to a small profit.

The problem with TMTA is that it is frequently very difficult to predict their future cashflows, since the engineering service and the licensing revenues tend to fluctuate a great deal over time. Some of the projects they have on the go are also confidential (such as the work they are currently doing for MSFT), which is a big part of why things are so obscure until earnings release.

Fundamentally, if they were to post a profit similar to last quarter, they should be trading a fair bit north of current share price.

#20     Nov 8, 2005