Chart Package for QQQ's

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chamol, Jan 4, 2002.

1. chamol

chamol

Thanks, Coops

I signed up for the basic package - $19.95 per month - and could not get it to give me a 1 or 2.5 minute chart. So I sent an email to Quicken. Very fast response. They advise that the real time package has 5, 15, 30 and 60 minute intraday, so I have to upgrade. Solves this problem.

As far as multiple screens go, I tried your suggestion (which came back from them as well) but what others have is the ability to sign on once and open multiple charts, TOS, news, etc which you can drag and drop anywhere - I have 3 screens - and even by stretching QQL it cannot do this. It can be stretched to cover all three screens, but with only one chart feed at a time - so far as I can tell.

But your idea to open it several times works fine. If you do this, you just drag it where you want it, and that's it.

Maybe there is another way - I am awaiting a further response from QQL.

Best regards

#31     Jan 7, 2002
  2. chamol or anyone using qql
    can you let me know how the qql is working? I've been thinking about getting that as a less expensive replacement for Realtick3.

my main concern is accuracy o fthe charts and the real-time/delay performance.

#32     Jan 7, 2002
  3. chamol

chamol

Hi, uptik

As you have gathered, I have just started on the recommendation of coops. He knows the program and his suggestions have been helpful to me. I will need a few days with it, before I can help, but will do so if I can.

I will send coops a post and hopefully he can get in touch with you.

Best regards

#33     Jan 7, 2002
  4. chamol

chamol

Hi, Coops

You may have noticed uptik's interest in QQL and I told him I would post this for you in case you missed it. Maybe you could help him when you get a chance.

Thanks, and it looks like a few of us may be interested in QQL thanks to you.

Best regards

#34     Jan 7, 2002
  5. coops

coops

chamol

"but what others have is the ability to sign on once and open multiple charts, TOS, news, etc which you can drag and drop anywhere - I have 3 screens - and even by stretching QQL it cannot do this"

QQL refers to the one overall window as a 'workspace'. Any chart or quotes or whatever can only be moved around within that workspace. I think Nextrend operates similairly, possibly others too - but not Quotetracker, you could move your charts around anywhere you pleased. I'm sure those computer folks have some feeble reason for it though....

ps hope you're saving your workspace when you're done adjusting it, then you can load it up next time, same same...

coops

pps if you still can't move a chart around different monitors even with the workspace stretched over the monitors, then you may have some pc setup problem.....

:eek:

ppppps...... just found the edit button - for uptik et al ?

So far no problems at all with QQL, and it's very easy to check and adjust your subscriptions. As far as data feed speed goes - hmmm, i should first point out I'm a bit further away than perhaps most of their customers. I'm in Thailand.....

Haven't tried realtick due to cost, so can't compare. It is superior from what i could tell to Datek's streamer thru Quotetracker, but it does use a lot more bandwidth to do it - mind you i guess that's inevitable with true tick by tick data feeds. Oh, it's better than IB's feed :D :D :D even when it's working..... only joking, IB seems back to normal good service now.........

maybe others could comment better on relative data feed speeds..

coops

#35     Jan 7, 2002
  6. I've seen in the thread about using qchart, metastock, realtick etc. but you also wants to go below 1 min charting.

NeoTicker can chart 1-tick, N-tick bars.

It can also chart 1-sec, 2-sec, N-sec bars.

And you can overlay multiple time frames into the same chart.

I don't think any other trading program can do that :cool:

#36     Jan 9, 2002
  7. actually Realtick can do intraday charts by the tick...but i don't think they can overlap time frames

#37     Jan 9, 2002
  8. chamol

chamol

Thanks, Lawrence.

I will check it out. So far QQL is the best I have found, but it does not do all you have described. QCharts has 1 minute and then jumps to 5 minute which is the same as IQ Charts.

I will let you know what I think of it.

Thanks again.

#38     Jan 9, 2002
  9. chamol

chamol

Hi, IRAF

#39     Jan 9, 2002
  10. chamol

chamol

Hi, IRAF

Thanks again for the site on which to post the subject of a site dedicated to the above. I posted the query this morning. Let's see what happens.

Best regards

#40     Jan 9, 2002