Chart Package for QQQ's

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by chamol, Jan 4, 2002.

1. chamol

chamol

Hi, Honda

Great to see that IRAF had purchased, and recommends Wilson's tapes.

I think you are right - he may use some of Yu's ideas.

Another indicator I use is the MACD as stochastics, from time to time, will generate a signal that contravenes the advise being provided by the MACD. And in most instances, depending on your appetite for counter movements and your stop loss position, in the fullness of time, the MACD is right.

In most cases I use these juxtaposed positions to take a couple of little scalps, and most times they work out.

I have asked IRAF if he thinks that we should ask Elite to have the QQQ's as a topic - what do you think??

Thanks

#21     Jan 6, 2002
  2. chamol

chamol

Hi, uptik2000

On Coops advice, I downloaded Quicken yesterday, and began to learn it. With no live feed, I was just interested in set up, appearance, etc.

Only problem I had was I could not get it to support multiple screens, and I found nothing in the Help area to even suggest that it supports this. I sent of an email to them, so I should hear back tomorrow, but without multiple screen support, I can't use it.

I think it should be able to perform this function, as IQ certainly does this very well, and I can't see Quicken lagging the pack in this area, but their Help directory sure is not much help in this regard, if they do indeed support this.

We'll see tomorrow, I guess.

#22     Jan 6, 2002
  3. chamol

chamol

Hi, Coops

I mentioned, in my post to uptik2000 that I could not find any help in Quicken to allow the use of multiple screens. I sent off an email to them, and will probably hear back tomorrow.

Can you shed any light on this??

Appreciate if you can. Thanks.

#23     Jan 6, 2002
  4. Qbism

Qbism

Why don't you try http://www.nextrend.com/analysis/content/SvcLvls.asp
    Since you just trade QQQ, you might find the $14.95 version adequate. You can set 1,2,3, etc. minute chart periods. At that price you can have six charts, or a combination of charts and other stuff. You could have stochastics plus a couple other indicators per chart. The exchange fees are included in the fee.

#24     Jan 6, 2002
  5. chamol

chamol

Thanks, Obism

This truly seems like a great deal, and I very much appreciate your help. I could not see anything on their website that either confirms or denies their capability to support multiple screens, so I sent them an email.

Would you, by chance, happen to know if they do support multiple screens??

#25     Jan 6, 2002
  6. IRAF

IRAF

Hi Cnamol,

I am glad that you found the information I provided useful. BTW, why do you keep referring to these tapes as Wilson tapes?

As far as having QQQ as a topic on elitetrader, I would definitely support that. I must say however, that it seems that on this board people are very reluctant to share their strategies and methods and all the discussions tend to be very general. Nonetheless, having a discussion concentrate on QQQ exclusively would be very interesting.

IRAF

#26     Jan 6, 2002
  7. chamol

chamol

Hi, IRAF

Wilson must have stuck somewhere in my half functioning mind - my apologies.

I don't think sharing strategies, and helpful little hints on the QQQ's will improve any of us to the extent that we threaten to walk off with all the marbles. If a guy like Yu and Miller (not Wilson) aren't concerned with sharing their secrets, why should we be??

What with the liquidity of the QQQ's a half dozen market makers all working together (if they could) would be unable to really do much simply because of the scope of the following the QQQ's have.

I am new here, but I would be happy to propose this to Elite and see if it would fly. I am not sure how to do it, though. Perhaps you could direct me.

Thanks

Thanks

#27     Jan 6, 2002
  8. IRAF

IRAF

#28     Jan 6, 2002
  9. chamol

chamol

Hi, IRAF.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will write one up and ask them. Let you know what I hear back.

Thanks.

#29     Jan 6, 2002
  10. coops

coops

chamol

I'm still learning trading, but like the no uptick shorting of QQQ.

Now about QQL - not too clear exactly what you're looking for, so here's a couple of things I picked up (you can search thru this site for more QQL discussion aswell) :-

When you launch QQL you'll find it will be maximised into one screen. In order to cover more than one screen, first click on the window restore button at top right - not the minimize one. The window should now be somewhat smaller. Now drag the window around however you want. You can change the size etc just like any other windows window, so stretching over any number of monitors is pretty easy. (Once you've done this once, QQL will change to this new setup as soon as you hit the restore button next time).

Another alternative which has more flexibility, but might take more PC resources :- you can login to QQL more than once. That means, you can launch QQL once in one window (on one monitor, or stretched over whatever monitors), then launch QQL again and put that QQL window wherever you like too.

Hope this helps.

ps i think i started with the 'Mellow Candlesticks' template for the charts, and added indicators in new panes as i wanted. Liked the colours etc.

coops

#30     Jan 6, 2002